Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found this cbr that looks pretty clean but the frame sliders are in a spot that i have never seen before... looks kind of fishy... just wanted to know if anyone else has used/seen these before and if you could give me some info before i consider buying this bike. Yes, i used to search button and google.. but i couldnt find anything that looked like them..

here is the link to the bike, click the picture to see more.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/1058016220.html

thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
That is an odd place for sliders - looks like the start point for race rails though. I wouldn't worry too much about that though - if he has all the mods listed thats a nice deal.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was just worried cuz it looks that the end part of the fairing isnt secured to the frame.. i dunno i guess i'll have to check it out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know when I had my f4i I had sliders just like those($40 on ebay), on the f4i the fairing bolts to the frame on that spot so they worked ok. but with them mounted high up like that they dont exactly protect the bottom half of the fairing.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
its not the fact of where they are at that is the problem, it is how they are mounted... the only bracket behind that fairing is practically made of tin....secondly sliders are not for saving plastics..."Frame Sliders". hit up the search, there are lots of threads on sliders and lengths of them.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
its not the fact of where they are at that is the problem, it is how they are mounted... the only bracket behind that fairing is practically made of tin....secondly sliders are not for saving plastics..."Frame Sliders". hit up the search, there are lots of threads on sliders and lengths of them.
ive read that sliders are for protecting frame not the plastics but ive seen bikes slide without sliders and killed the plastics but didnt even touch the frame, so it seems the plastics protected frame.

and even more confusing is when a bike goes down hard on a slider all of that impact force is concentrated into a quarter size area of frame, (like hitting the frame with a hammer) but without sliders the impact force is spread across the plastics and never really reaches the frame.

so its a bit misleading, but i have sliders so if it just tips over it wont cost me $$$

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
ive read that sliders are for protecting frame not the plastics but ive seen bikes slide without sliders and killed the plastics but didnt even touch the frame, so it seems the plastics protected frame.

and even more confusing is when a bike goes down hard on a slider all of that impact force is concentrated into a quarter size area of frame, (like hitting the frame with a hammer) but without sliders the impact force is spread across the plastics and never really reaches the frame.

so its a bit misleading, but i have sliders so if it just tips over it wont cost me $$$
Spring Sliders will help with the frame impact, but I haven't seen or heard of these mounted on anyone's ride yet?
http://www.newenoughhp.com/browse/view_product_images/1005

·
Registered
650 Posts
i actually have those, i got them cause i have some rashes on the end, and it covered it up just fine. But when my bike feel on the other side when i did not have actuall frame sliders it cracked my damn fairing, dont know if it was cause they where not on there tight, as long as there on tight i think they will work good.

·
Registered
962 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

pretty much the reason i have them as well... i figure if i go down its either gonna be low speed and yes the sliders will save the plastics, or its gonna one blazing flame of glory that its not going to matter if i cleaned the bugs off the windscreen 2 days before. my thinkin is i'm throwin my .02 in the wishin well and hopin for the best!!:all_cohol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Spring Sliders will help with the frame impact, but I haven't seen or heard of these mounted on anyone's ride yet?
http://www.newenoughhp.com/browse/view_product_images/1005
yea, i havent seen these either, they look like their just for looks, i cant believe their effective in any way!

this comment is refering to real frame sliders, not no-cuts or the fairing bolt ones on the op's bike.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i actually have those, i got them cause i have some rashes on the end, and it covered it up just fine. But when my bike feel on the other side when i did not have actuall frame sliders it cracked my damn fairing, dont know if it was cause they where not on there tight, as long as there on tight i think they will work good.

thank you, this was exactly what i was looking for! seems like they aren't "REAL" frame sliders, more like nubs to protect the plastics... oh well. as long as he hasn't downed it i'm a happy camper.

*note: the bike isn't mine... yet... maybe.... mwahahaha!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Honestly, that price has me thinking it's a scam. Pretty much all of the scams on craigslist have some weird price like that ending in a 1 or 3 or something. Just be carefull and remember, DON'T BUY UNLESS YOU CAN SEE/RIDE THE BIKE FIRST!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts