Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife has claimed RR. Lowering link has been ordered which will ruin it for me. Do I get another Black or go with Red or Yellow. Looking at 03's only.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
If you ride the 'exact' same bike then you will become "THAT" couple.

This puts you in with an elite group with...
"THAT" guy - the guy that wears the shirt with the name of the band on it to go the that band.
"THAT" mom - dresses her daughter and son in perfectly matching clothes - because she thinks it is cute.
"THAT" couple - goldwing couples. <- Same helmet, gloves, glasses, jeans and jacket

I say enjoy being different.

·
Registered
544 Posts
go with the red!!! a recent survey was released last week showing that red paint weighs less then black, or yellow. So if you want a faster RR i would go with the red it seems to be the only logical choice!!!

ok im fulla shiat but its all good cuz "I ride red"

·
Registered
233 Posts
Dude how can you let a women take youre machine
?????????????????????????????????????????????????
THere is being equal then there is losing you bike
we have to help this guy before he gets pink matching leather

·
Registered
618 Posts
Who cares if you have the same bike... get what you want. What do YOU want?

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Haha, put her in her place...take your bike back, and get her either an F4i...or just shell out a lil' more dough and get yourself a real treat...a 1000RR :wink:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
OK, my first post was in jest, but after reading some other posts, I figure I will say what I really think.
Your wife actually wants to ride! That is great. She also wants the bike you have already broken in and you get the green light for a new bike. Great. Why you would actually tell you wife she couldn't have it and actually offer her a new lower performance is beyond me. It is begging for a fight and is just plain stupid. I wouldn't be suprised if she could out ride some of us on the board.
If it were me (and it is not), I would take a really close look at the other 600s. If none of them actually interested me I would buy another RR in whatever color I could get the best deal on. I would then ride with my wife as often as possible. Hopefully the two of you enjoy track days and start to do them together. ALso, I see you are in WV, so VIR is a not too far. Cornerspeed.net has women's track days to keep the testosterone down while the women really learn with out intimidation.

I think it is kick ass, and I have no intentions of flaming you for it.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Haha, yeah, I was just kidding around, that's awesome that she wants to ride. Give up your bike, and get another! It's very gentlemen-like of you...like opening a door for a lady. Haha. Good luck with everything, ride safe.

·
Registered
892 Posts
i say praise god you got a wife that would even look at the bike. my ex.... nothing, didn't like it, rolled her eyes, glad she's gone...

anyway, enjoy your new ride, whatever you choose, and enjoy your new shared hobby!

U

·
0 Posts
Get an F4i for her, keep your RR. Lower the F4i, not the RR, it'd be a shame.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts