Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I have this tradition that everytime I get something for my bike, I give something to my wife the day before I put on my mod. So far it has worked fantastic, but I am running out of ideas for the "thoughtful but cheap" category of gifts. Cyclesector should be sending out my new set of ASV levers but I have to distract the Mrs. with something really good (tug that emotional chain of hers) so she doesnt kill me for spending stupid amounts of money on "The Bike".

Any ideas that wont break the bank? What says "I love you, and don't worry only a couple more mods I promise" ?

And no, peeing in her butt is not an option.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
..well since option 1 isnt gonna work, i hear purse parties and make-up parties are the thing nowadays.. so try and get one of her friends to throw one... not only will she be extremely happy, but itll give you time to work on the bike in solitude

·
Registered
939 Posts
how about a helmet? all girls love to ride, some just take alittle more convincing

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Dude, you're married and you haven't figured it out? Getting gifts are temporary relief. You want long lasting relief? A long-lasting relief from scrutiny? From one married man to another, the secret to long lasting relief from scrutiny is: effort.

You got to put in some effort. It's at least 3-4 mods worth. A romantic dinner. A couple of hours of "her" time where it's all about her. Listen to her talk. Stuff like that. It's like an ace in the pocket. Don't waste your time and hurt your wallet strings with trinkets and "things".

Women are smart. They're onto it. They know it's just temporary and more is to come. And they'll play that game with you for the rest of the ownership of your bike. You got to get 'em where it matters... in the heart. Emotional. Na' mean?

Fo' cereal mang... listen to what I say.

·
Registered
8,880 Posts
Dude, you're married and you haven't figured it out? Getting gifts are temporary relief. You want long lasting relief? A long-lasting relief from scrutiny? From one married man to another, the secret to long lasting relief from scrutiny is: effort.

You got to put in some effort. It's at least 3-4 mods worth. A romantic dinner. A couple of hours of "her" time where it's all about her. Listen to her talk. Stuff like that. It's like an ace in the pocket. Don't waste your time and hurt your wallet strings with trinkets and "things".

Women are smart. They're onto it. They know it's just temporary and more is to come. And they'll play that game with you for the rest of the ownership of your bike. You got to get 'em where it matters... in the heart. Emotional. Na' mean?

Fo' cereal mang... listen to what I say.
as much as i hate to say it... SOOP's right:all_cohol:tard::all_cohol

·
Drama Queen Extraordinaire
778 Posts
Listen, if you bring home the bacon, don't let some broad tell you what you can and cannot spend your money on.

·
Registered
8,880 Posts
My little brother did that for his gf and she loved it... however her father said it was the stupidest gift because she couldn't even pawn it after they broke up. It was hilarious.

lmao... yeah its more of a centimental thing... chicks dig it... but yeah thats pretty funny...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll have to agree with the effort idea. I'll get something good together. She rides too so she knows what my little mods cost so I cant even use the "i got a great deal" bit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
...the secret to long lasting relief from scrutiny is: effort.

Probably true...but since i'm not married couldn't really say...but anytime i want to do something that a girlfriend wouldn't "approve" of just send her to the spa for the day and while she's out do your mods...thats the quick fix from one guy to another

·
Registered
125 Posts
Get a girl that rides! :cruising: My girl rides an 04 600RR and is a very active member in the local sportbike community here. Hell, just the other week she ordered some rear signals for her bike. They showed up at the house and while she was ordering them she just so happened to get me a front set of SS braided brake lines! I wasnt expecting it at all. Definitely a great surprise.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Get a girl that rides! :cruising: My girl rides an 04 600RR and is a very active member in the local sportbike community here. Hell, just the other week she ordered some rear signals for her bike. They showed up at the house and while she was ordering them she just so happened to get me a front set of SS braided brake lines! I wasnt expecting it at all. Definitely a great surprise.

sounds like a keeper!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Listen, if you bring home the bacon, don't let some broad tell you what you can and cannot spend your money on.
Hey we just told you how to get affection from a girl, dont start swinging it around telling the married guys what to do now Smallssss, Now go clean your room.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Alright, so I have this tradition that everytime I get something for my bike, I give something to my wife the day before I put on my mod. So far it has worked fantastic, but I am running out of ideas for the "thoughtful but cheap" category of gifts. Cyclesector should be sending out my new set of ASV levers but I have to distract the Mrs. with something really good (tug that emotional chain of hers) so she doesnt kill me for spending stupid amounts of money on "The Bike".

Any ideas that wont break the bank? What says "I love you, and don't worry only a couple more mods I promise" ?

You know whats been working for me? Sending stuff too her work so all her shallow Co-workers can drool over her delivery of Flowers or my favorite "Edible Arrangements". Chicks love being able to not only get something as a surprise but to rub their girlfriends noses in it.

Use this and make sure you get a fairly early delivery time so she can bask all day in it and show it off to everyone who comes by her desk for something during the day.
Max exposure. Chicks are competitive with things like this including their diamonds and clothes etc.:bitch_ple

Keep her in the right chicks gear and you are set!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts