Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well aftera year of my wife talking about buying a bike she finally pulled the trigger on an 09 Ninja 250r. I am excited she is taking the msf in mid July. We are picking up the bike from a local dealer on Monday of next week. Here is a pic of the exact same bike she picked up. I will take actual pics after we get it here. I think its a great bike for her to learn on, re-sale is great and the new body style makes these things look really cool IMO. Comments? Just had to start a thread cause I am stoked to have a full time riding partner damn near. Except when I wanna ride with the boys of course. Check it out

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Nice man, the fiance and I are going through the talk about it also....so I know the feeling, just havent quite pulled the trigger yet

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah as you get older its seems like more and more people bail out on riding so having the wife to ride with will be great. Plus she is kind of a motor head loves snowmobiling and loved riding my dirt bike when I had one so I think she will really enjoy it. I think I am going to buy here the solo seat cowl it makes the bike IMO. This could be bad modding hers and mine now cause she will be like, "its fine the way it is" but that does not fly with me LOL

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed, sweet part is it really was her idea. I wanted her to ride but did not want to persuade or keep asking and have her fearful and hurt herself or something. She just seen how much I enjoy it and figured its gotta be fun. So last summer she started looking and backed away cause of our wedding last fall. Now with no wedding worries she got the itch again and put money down tonight. Wish I could have drove it home but they were closing about 15 min after we got there. Now the wife works till sunday and they are closed so monday it is.

Thats real nice! I want to get my lady to start riding!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Good stuff!
My old lady would probably be too short to even ride one of those...
I don't normally say this about Kawi's, but that thing is purty.

·
Registered
836 Posts
u da man....or should i say ...she da women

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah thats my only worry she will be playing catch up alot LOL. Ah, around the city I don't hawl ass anyway. But back roads I will still proabably go myself. Sooner or later she will get a bigger bike then no worries but wanted her to start small yet something still good looking and agile.

my ex old lady rocked one hell it was fun for me to ride but it was kinda like this

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You may be suprized, she's only 5'-1" and she can touch tippy toed not sure if she is going to lower it a bit or not. I told her if she can handle it leave it alone. I am short and I manage on the 600rr without lowering. I guess starting out though it might be safer to be able to flat foot touch so we will see. It may get lower an inch or so.

Good stuff!
My old lady would probably be too short to even ride one of those...
I don't normally say this about Kawi's, but that thing is purty.

·
Administrator
51,147 Posts
Congrats to the Mrs man i can see you both doing track days with one another
that would be awesome times man

·
Registered
820 Posts
You may be suprized, she's only 5'-1" and she can touch tippy toed not sure if she is going to lower it a bit or not. I told her if she can handle it leave it alone. I am short and I manage on the 600rr without lowering. I guess starting out though it might be safer to be able to flat foot touch so we will see. It may get lower an inch or so.
my old lady was 5'1" also and she held it up just fine she only weighs 90 lbs also the thing moved with her on it.... we did filters and a yosh slip on it was a noticalble amount of power yosh claimed 10hp from there slip on with no fuel mod i dont know about that but it made a huge differance though when i was on it i can tell you that! hers was an 08 though

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks MOE!!!

I know that would be awesome I have yet to do a track day myself. Funny you say that though I was looking up track days in my area today. I need to try!! Track addix has some track days locally for as low as 50.00 Bucks

Congrats to the Mrs man i can see you both doing track days with one another
that would be awesome times man

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good to know thanks that will probably be my first investment on her bike after the frame sliders and solo seat cowl. Oh btw my wife is about 105lbs so it should scoot just fine for her.

my old lady was 5'1" also and she held it up just fine she only weighs 90 lbs also the thing moved with her on it.... we did filters and a yosh slip on it was a noticalble amount of power yosh claimed 10hp from there slip on with no fuel mod i dont know about that but it made a huge differance though when i was on it i can tell you that! hers was an 08 though

·
Registered
458 Posts
doodicles thats fantasticsauce! My wife did the same thing. She bought a 250 ninja to learn and I promised her that if she liked riding I would by her her next bike. Literally after a month of her riding the piss outa the thing she wanted something better. So now she rides an 06R6. Im honestly not worried about her on it (more worried about myself on mine:icon_lol:). She babies it and it is the best thing to see your ol' lady (and not ur fat friend lol) right next to you when your splittin lanes down the highway. Not to mention the looks that she gets....Soooo hot to see a woman crotch rocket rider. My typical reaction to the looks she gets is that I let everyone know that Im tapping that hahaha... Enjoy bro. Its awsome!

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It should be a good time, I hope she does not want something new in a month already but maybe next summer. If she is happy with the 250 forever more power to her but I got a funny feeling next summer she will want more power. As for chicks on bikes, yes it is h o t t!!

doodicles thats fantasticsauce! My wife did the same thing. She bought a 250 ninja to learn and I promised her that if she liked riding I would by her her next bike. Literally after a month of her riding the piss outa the thing she wanted something better. So now she rides an 06R6. Im honestly not worried about her on it (more worried about myself on mine:icon_lol:). She babies it and it is the best thing to see your ol' lady (and not ur fat friend lol) right next to you when your splittin lanes down the highway. Not to mention the looks that she gets....Soooo hot to see a woman crotch rocket rider. My typical reaction to the looks she gets is that I let everyone know that Im tapping that hahaha... Enjoy bro. Its awsome!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice bike man. Glad she out riding with you. I finally got my gf to ride on the back of mine haha.

·
Registered
123 Posts
damn the 250 change since i had one looks good now oh i had the 05 250

1 - 20 of 70 Posts