Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin for a left rear set and found some on ebay but they are for an 07-08 honda cbr 600 and my bike is 06. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure and can guarantee these are actually the same rear set and will work on the 03-06 year cbrs.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
can someone please answer this question. i need to know this as well. i searched and couldn't find a definitive answer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
look it either fits and works or it doesnt. thats a yes or no question its easily defined and im sure someone on here knows.

search didnt produce any results.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
^^ i think the "gray area" is that even if they don't fit, you can always shave them down here or there or shave a component of the bike down here or there to make them fit. the FACT is that vortex, along with other companies have different part #'s for 03-06 rearsets vs. 07-08. it also probably depends on the company that manufacturers the rearset as far as how well it will fit. an "07-08" sato might fit better than an "07-08 vortex" or vice versa so.... it's all fugged up.

·
Registered
810 Posts
look it either fits and works or it doesnt. thats a yes or no question its easily defined and im sure someone on here knows.
not really - What is a fit for one person, isn't for another.

A case in point: changing the gear shift to race by rotating the mech 180. This requires the hoses to be pulled to one side to avoid rubbing. Now to some people this is a fit ! but not all.

Lets just say that some rearsets fit better than others. It depends on how much work you are prepared to do to 'get it to fit'.
It really is a gray area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts