Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the wings off my tank...might not end up happening since they're under the clear-coat...so I was thinking...will a sharkskinz race cover fit with the OEM plastics? I need a new right ram air cover anyway...and they're connected with the tank cover...and I'll be getting race plastics eventually...I should just do this...but...will it fit together?

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Why don't you just buy an OEM 03 tank cover?

No wings... no difficulties in fitting it with OEM plastics...

No picking through clear coat...

Just trade someone, or get one off ebay

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
In general, most race plastics I know of are not cross-compatible with each other, nor with the OEM plastics. That is certainly true for Sharkskinz and Armour Bodies race plastics.

HOWEVER...Sharkskinz does have a few 600RR pieces for street. They have a street upper, a street tail, and a street tank cover. It is unclear to me what makes the street tank cover "street". You might want to email or call them to find out.

http://www.sharkskinz.com/hondacbr600rr.htm

If that doesn't pan out, I'd agree with Schwing...might as well just get a used OEM tank cover.

·
Registered
892 Posts
the tank cover will work with any other set of race bodywork. so will the fender and the tail. the only parts you have to worry about are the upper/lower. or in the case of hotbodies, the upper/mid/lower.

I say bodywork because it's not made of plastic it's made of fiberglass. plastic is just that. fiberglass is just that. NO ONE on this earth makes race plastics. they make race glass, or race bodywork.....

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The red oem covers are clear coated too...are they not? I was under the impression that the 03 red/black bike's tank was clear coated...which would make my problem the same

The only thing I could do is order a Sharkskinz tank and hope it works...if not I'm going to get race bodywork soon anyway...so I'll need one anyway

Thanks for the input guys (and gal)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts