280 Posts
Don't You have Hornet in USA???

It's in EU from 2007...huh

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
thats gonna be a big fat NO

Will it EVER come over to the US ? who knows

But so far honda has decided to not share it with us.

it is very nice though, and the gauges on it are BEAUTIFUL.
I think there was a small article about it on superstreetbike...

·
Registered
266 Posts
The previous Hornet was sold in the US as the 919 and 599. Great bikes, but they sold in very, VERY LOW numbers. Honda might bring the new Hornets over, but I'd be surprised if it happened. The US market just doesn't seem to support such bikes very well.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The previous Hornet was sold in the US as the 919 and 599. Great bikes, but they sold in very, VERY LOW numbers. Honda might bring the new Hornets over, but I'd be surprised if it happened. The US market just doesn't seem to support such bikes very well.
That's probably tha main problem man...
But here in EU there are so many Hornets 600...mostly riden by girls...
But there is a new CB1000R with mono swingarm looks awsome and there are rumors that it is maybe even better on twisty roads than CBR...
Didn't try one yet but I hope I will...

·
Registered
154 Posts
hey deejay can you post a pic of the CB1000R? I cant seem to find one anywhere. thanks!

As for that hornet...........NICE! I'm not one for the streetfighter look but I definately like the look of that one.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I prefer the Red One.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll take either the cb1000r or the cb600f. I just hope Honda US brings either one over. I would ******* hate them if they don't. I already hate them for not bringing over the type r.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I like the red one! It looks like an Iron Man face or somethin.

·
05/10 BOTM
583 Posts
The CB1000RR was manufactured for the European market to compete with the big nakeds. Not sure if there's a market for that in the US. It's a fun bike.

Fell in love with it the first time I saw it in the Milan show last year.
Took one out for a test ride back in July, just for the crack.
It's a great bike, a detuned 2007 engine in a short wheelbase bike with a single swingarm and trick dash. Same brakes as the 07 blade and same forks as the 08, with less adjustability.

Best thing about it, it costs less than an 600RR...about £500 less!

Only issue, it's not as a mental as a KTM Superduke or the Aprilia Tuono, if that's what you're looking for....but it's what I would pick if I was in the market for a big naked.

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
Dayum, i want that second bike.

My first bike was the '04 599....great little bike, fun as hell....Mad comfortable and super gerat to just jump on and zip across town.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts