Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I had my exhaust and PCIIIUSB installed by the Honda dealer where I bought my bike. Both my brothers also bought bikes there as well. We spent about $20k between the 3 of us. I also dropped $1.2k in Mods there just last week. I picked up my bike Friday evening just before closing. It was dark and dreary due to Tropical Storm Ernesto. I got there and went inside and the service guy was finishing up all my paperwork. So after about 15 mins, he puts all the papers together and tells me to sign everything, so I did. Then he says he'll bring the bike outside so I can take a look at it. I did and everything seemed ok (keep in mind it was pouring and relatively dark. So I say looks good and take off towards home before the weather got worse. Then I went out of town till Sunday afternoon and got home and took the bike outta the garage and what do I see? I gouge in the plastic tank cover right between the 2 bolts up by the forks. What's worse is, they actually tried to cover it up with touch-up paint (which they did a lousy job). There is also another spot on the right side middle fairing where they scratched it again and a small piece of the sticker is missing. That one I can live with, but the part that's touched up looks ugly.

My question is this...do I have any chance in hell of getting them to replace the plastic cover? It's not like the dude let me inspect the bike before he made me sign the papers. And something like that woulda been hard to see anyway on a dark rainy day.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Take it up with the management and raise hell. It would have given you a better chance had you taken care of (notice) it right away.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
have them replace it as a warranty repair. that happened with my bodywork and it was almost all replaced. your bike should still be under warranty if its an 06. be persistent about having it replaced.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I know but like I said, the weather was really crappy and with all the blowing rain it was just hard to spot. Not to mention the fact that a retarded monkey could have taken those 2 bolts out w/out scratching up the paint. It just irks me that they can't even fess up to their own negligence, especially after all the money I've given to them. If they don't make good on the whole thing, I am gonna tell them that I am writing a letter to Honda Corporate and to the Better Business Bureau. And also, that they will never see another penny from me or my family. And that I'll spread the word about their poor customer service on every Sportbike forum I am a member of. Hopefully that will scare some sense into them. Prolly not tho.

pantablo said:
have them replace it as a warranty repair. that happened with my bodywork and it was almost all replaced. your bike should still be under warranty if its an 06. be persistent about having it replaced.
Yes it is, I even purchased the extended 4 yr warranty when I bought it so I am covered till 2011.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
be persistent about having it repaired. dont have an attitude though-be professional and polite but very direct about having it repaired. dont even place blame on any one individual, simply word it so the bike came in for repairs and came out with this damage, which was not readily apparent when you took possession of the bike again due to the conditions. keep repeating that and keep repeating that you want it replaced. suggest a warranty replacement. keep at it, dont get upset but keep on them. if you come to a dead end, move a step up the management ladder...

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am gonna go right to the service manager first. I can go to my salesman too (he gets stuff done for me usually) but he has an ever changing schedule and it's hard to get in touch with him sometimes.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Go in and ask for the GM or owner. Explain (in an calm adult manner) the situation and take it from their. If they are a reputable dealership they will replace the damaged pieces....

·
Registered
237 Posts
do what everybody else said, hope it works. they dont HAVE to do anything from a legal standpoint because you did sign the papers saying it was good when you took possesion. hope you get it settled though, hate to see that **** happen. that's why i let NOBODY touch my vehicles, cause they don't care.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
keep us posted bro... they will obviously TRY to avoid losing money. Just keep insisting it be REPLACED (not repaired, since they already tried that, and did a shotty job) No need to lose your cool, but show your frustration in a professional way. Hope they take care of ya!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I called the service Dept this morning and the guy told me to bring it over asap. So I am gonna ride it over after work in the rain ;( . I also spoke to the sales manager who told me if there's any issue with the service guys to come and find him and let him know. Dunno what he can do tho. I'll keep you guys in touch with whatever the outcome is.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Lesson learned. Never sign for anything until you know what you're getting in return. It doesn't matter how nice they ask you. Good luck!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just an update. I took the bike to the dealer yesterday and the service guy came out and looked at it. He said he talked it over with the warranty manager and they just went ahead and ordered me a new Tank Shell. I guess I am out the Tank Pad tho, but that's no biggie. Thanks for all the replies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts