Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title asks. Want to run some C14 VP fuel is it okay. i know we dont have Cat. converters so.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you can't i wouldn't try it, but not 100%

·
Registered
175 Posts
Unless you are going to be building the motor that is not necessary at all. We do have cat's and it will also hurt the o2 sensor on the bike. The leaded fuel is not a good idea if you really want to run race fuel run the VP street blaze 100 i use it half and half with 91 pump.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Many racers use VP U4 which is leaded with no issues. This however is on the track at limited intervals also in a situation where oil is frequently changed. Once done it is recommended to drain tank and fuel lines as U4 will leave a deposit (this stuff should not be in your tank for longer than a couple of weeks). After running at the track using U4 I noticed that my oil started to pick up some of the fuel's smell.

·
Registered
364 Posts
As the title asks. Want to run some C14 VP fuel is it okay. i know we dont have Cat. converters so.
umm... we have catalytic converters so.

I know that the 05 06 models have cats. why do you think the cat has something to do with your bikes ability to run race fuel. The only way I could see a problem with it is, since it is a higher octane (114) your bike wouldnt be able to burn it efficiently and you would end up with lots of it in the cat. C-14 is reccommended for compression ratio above 14:1. Your bike is not close to that. I'm not sure what you intend to gain by running a significantly higher octane fuel but I bet your bike will run worse on it...

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would use u4 as its most popular. I know many people that run it all the time and have no problems with it. You will be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts