Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

MY bike was in a working order but I removed the fuel tank to dump out the fuel that was in there for about 8 months. When i put the fuel line back into the fuel tank, the bike will not prime or start now.
Do you think is fuel pump issue? I checked all the fuses, and all the lines and i do not see any issue.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
How is the battery fully charged or not might not have enough juice to prime the
fuel pump another simple reason that gets over looked sometimes is the kill switch

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
I would take it back off, make triple extra sure you plugged everything in, sometimes when you pull on the wires it unplugs things you aren't aware of. I unplugged a MAP sensor once on accident when removing my tank and it caused my bike to run like crap. Took me about 3 days to find it because I didn't go back and check everything like that first.

Goodluck.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
:+1:

Go back and make sure you have everything on correctly then have a look at the kill switch and FI fuse (20A under the seat)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have verified that the tank is full, all the lines are plugged, all fuses are good, the kill switch is turn off, bike is in neutral. What could be wrong?
When i took out the fuel pump, do I have to line the hole in the nut with the hole in the fuel line?
Could that be a problem?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Nope... doesn't matter where the hole is.

Did you do anything with the two plugs on the left hand side under the ram air cover?
(I'm assuming you have an 03-06)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Nope... doesn't matter where the hole is.

Did you do anything with the two plugs on the left hand side under the ram air cover?
(I'm assuming you have an 03-06)
+1 That was the cause of my problem. Wire corroded away over the winter. I never took my tank off though so I guess you could have any number of problems

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not touch the two plugs on the left fairing but I did removed it and reinstalled. Still the fuel pump will not prime. Can it be the pump it damaged or the ECU?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
If you are sure you did everything right (not a hard job so you probably did) I would start looking at the kill switch, BAS, fuel cut relay and the engine stop relay.

Can you feel the fuel cut relay clicking when you cycle the kill switch? If not, can you feel the engine stop relay clicking?

·
Registered
254 Posts
If all you did was remove the fuel tank, then probably anything that went wrong happened when you put it back...
1. Check your connectors are tightly together, and the contacts aren't corroded.
2. Check that no wires fell off of the connectors.
3. Follow Nico's advice.

OR
after 8 months, there's a chance that something went wrong on its own internally... Get your hands on a wiring diagram and you could jump 12V directly to the fuel pump, to at least figure out if the pump went bad inside the tank.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the culprit. It's the damn Bank Angle Sensor was mounted up side down. I re-mounted the BAS and the bike start up like it the first day. Damn just one mistake that give me headache for several days.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Good to hear you have it sorted out mate.

You never said you took the headlights and everything off? :ponder:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did recall that I took the head light out but couldn't remember why I to the BAS out. I apologize that I did not mentioned in the original description.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts