Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i went out to ride bike today and went to start it.. only cranks will not start. my brake light and rear turnsignals work normaly. headlights cluster lights and front turn signals will not work. checked fused on left side fender and by battery none looked blown. anyone have any ideas? btw its a 05 cbr600rr

·
Registered
189 Posts
Has it been a while since you last rode your bike? can you here clicking near the battery when trying to start?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i took a long ride prob 3 days ago or so. and yes when i hit the ignition u can hear a click and it starts cranking. battery isnt even a year old either

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would say check your battery for leaks and or try a battery charger. I had this same prob with a new battery and it wasn't taking a charge even after long rides.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Sounds like you may have several problems. I'd figure out what going on with the headlight and such, and if you're lucky... whatever is causing your lighting problem is also causing your engine problem. So you might fix both at one time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found It!!!

WOOO HOOO I found it!! bad ground under left rear fairing in yellow ground block.. anyone had this issue? seems that ground is getting too hot.. but the only way that wires usually get hot is resistance.. so kinda confused why there would be high resistance and no blown fuses?

·
Registered
809 Posts
WOOO HOOO I found it!! bad ground under left rear fairing in yellow ground block.. anyone had this issue? seems that ground is getting too hot.. but the only way that wires usually get hot is resistance.. so kinda confused why there would be high resistance and no blown fuses?
I am having the EXACT same issues but am unable to find where the bad ground is.......I cannot seem to find the yellow ground block! Please help....thx~

·
Registered
809 Posts
All the ground wires are green and connect to the frame under the left mid fairing.

oooo ok...found it....it works now!...thx bro! +1 for you!:toothy4:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts