Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ride my bike to work any day the weather permits, and where I park it it is sitting in the sun for 10 hours a day. Has anyone had experience with this and anything on the bike fading with the sun? :banghead:

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
my bike sat outside for 2 years no problems except for my rearset risers (anodized) faded

·
Registered
467 Posts
hot sun will fade anything thats painted or dyed
:+1: Yup, I have also heard if your running a Puig windscreen it will magnify the sun on to your gauges and melt. Ive heard of people using a small towel to prevent this from happening.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
it will fade just like any other vehicle that has sat in the sun for extended periods of time.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
my tank cover, tank pad, and matris steering damper (red to pink)....re painted the bike recently but steering damper is still pink lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. Cool. I'm gonna ask the boss if I can park elsewhere.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Buy a cheap cover. Keep it @ work & cover it when it's there.

Yeah just cover it and you should be good. Also you might want a way to "lock" the cover on. I had one stolen when had my bike parked in my friends parking garage and another from my apartment complex. Both were something I just got off ebay for 20 or so.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
i just always made sure to wax frequently

·
Banned
2,603 Posts
Buy a cheap cover. Keep it @ work & cover it when it's there.

Buy one of the locking kind. You can lock it on with a padlock the ghetto way too.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I've never had anything fade on any of the motorcycles I've owned. even my old 91 f2 which sat outside in the sun during work everyday after school. I wax and clean everything after rides and **** doesn't get messed up, it's as simple as that.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Only thing I've had fade was anodized tank gas cap. I park in a covered garage now at work instead of outside in the hot hot sun.

·
Banned
2,603 Posts
Don't sit on the seat in shorts after its been in the sun though. that friggin hurts!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Don't sit on the seat in shorts after its been in the sun though. that friggin hurts!
Burn those thighs did we? lol I know the feeling, had a forest green seat on a waverunner, yikes !!!!

I park in the shade, and wear full gear. But black is still HOT.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts