Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
middle is meaty even though i wont really need it. the right side of tire looks pretty used up. thinking it will hold up though

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
What group are you in? If you're in Novice its ok; anything faster and I recommend new tires.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Look at it from this perspective...........
1. Use old tires (take offs that are questionable) and risk going down...soft, hard, low-side, hi-side, whatever. Then try to estimate the cost of medical bills if any, cost to repair the bike, time loss from work, etc.

2. Buy new tires and have them mounted and balanced and have the feeling of confidence in your tires when you are out on the track. This will help remove at least some of the factors that lead to a crash, not all of them of course.

The decision is yours, but honestly, if I have any question about my tires, I swap them out before hitting the track. I tried to push a front Power Race last year at Barber and get that proverbial........."one more day" out of it and it tucked on me coming down the hill at T3 and I slid across the track to the gravel pit. Fortunately for me, I didn't take out any other riders, I didn't get hurt other than a very sore wrist for about a month, and had about $100 worth of damage to the track bike to be able to ride it again. Hope this helps with your decision.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
As somebody mentioned earlier, if you have to question, it isn't worth it.

New Rubber = Cheap Insurance

·
Registered
251 Posts
It's virtually impossible to tell if a tire is adequate to last another day just by looking at it.

If your trackday org has a tire supplier on site, I would suggest ordering a set to ensure you have a backup plan.

You could then start the day on your tires and see how they stick.

If they start acting squirrely... come off track and spoon on some fresh stuff.

If they last the whole day, you put the new ones on at the end of the day... or simply leave with the new tires and spoon them on before the next trackday.

I run Pirelli's and generally get about 6 trackdays out of them before they start to slide around a little.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They lasted 2 sessions lol. Started slipping so I. threw on my bt003s for the rest of the day

1 - 15 of 15 Posts