1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search, but it was confusing.

so will this kit

ebay: 8069535905

fit in my 600rr, just by takin out the old bulbs and puting the new d2s bulbs in?

or do i also need to purchase these?

ebay: 8068267445

the adaptor rings....

and once i have these two items... it should go right in?

i dont want to do the projector retrofit.

thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
You'll need the adaptor rings if you go that route. The ballasts will fit great on the RR. Many of us with the Denso ballasts dremmeled out the space between the headlights and mounted both ballasts there.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i just won a set. just wondering... how much did you guys paid for your set?

and how did you guys wire it up? just tap it directly?

H

·
0 Posts
I paid about 280 for mine. I wired mine off the highbeam switch using a relay.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is a relay needed? i was thinking about one high and one low beam..... doesnt running with both lights bad for battery? doesnt it drain it?

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I just bought some HID's from xenonzone.com. my buddy owns it...he gave me an H7 kit that should take no time at all to install.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys... you know how if you ride with the headlights on... it will drain the battery.... if i have both hid hooked up will that still drain it? or better to just ride on one?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If the engine is running the battery is no longer the main source of electricity on the bike, I think. So, you can ride with one headlight, high beams, or even fog lights if you want to install them. Long as the bike is running the battery is being charged.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
hid uses less draw than stock.

·
Registered
191 Posts
usmcr6 said:
I just bought some HID's from xenonzone.com. my buddy owns it...he gave me an H7 kit that should take no time at all to install.
Sorry to bring this thread back up, but usmcr6 do you think you friend could do some kind of deal for people on this forum. Just thought i would ask. Thanks

J

1 - 10 of 10 Posts