Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in 110 OCT leaded in my bike. about 3 gallons worth.

It running really good, i feel the difference.

Will this hurt it, Still getting the same 172-175 temp while riding @ cruising speeds.

07 CBR600RR
Powercommander

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it seems to be more responsive when i crack the throttle.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
I am told unless you tuned the bike with higher octane like 110 ect It will do nothing. I have also been told you can hurt the bike that was and opinion. So I guess to each Is own

·
Registered
234 Posts
Leaded gas over time can hurt you fuel injection system. The biggest and first thing it will do is fry your Cat and O2 sensors.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Higher octane typically leads to less power in our bikes, the general rule of thumb is to run the lowest octane possible without any detonation.

Obviously this is on a stock tune, if you tune a bike properly to run on race gas there is power to be made.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
Placebo effect.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Im thinking that he just has stock exhaust.. But I am not sure

·
Registered
68 Posts
yea i had a friend put maybe a half of gallon because he wanted to see if i could feel it.... i didnt haha

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I dont know, maybe you can feel it. Normally I would agree with everyone else, it all depends on how the bike is tuned, anything over the octane that stops pinging (predetonation) is overkill.

I'll admit I dont know a whole lot about what is going on with the ECU of the bike, but I read that it will tune itself based on the type of fuel in there, IE maybe run more advance with higher octane fuel, and then retard it if detects ping.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Im thinking that he just has stock exhaust.. But I am not sure
As far as I know you should not run leaded fuel with cat.
You seem like you are looking for performance, which mean you are using higher rpm range on the bike. At higher rpm's doen't your bike has enough throttle responce. Maybe it is just me, but for sure I wouldn't notice the diffrence.

On my 05 600rr manual it says (page 95) "The use of leaded gas will damage the catalytic converter". You may want look at you owner's manual...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Regular unleaded 87 or 90 are ok though? I think I read in a previous thread that they were ok to use with any exhaust unless, it was a track bike situation.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts