Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Will you stick to a 600?

• Yes, the 600 is what I will stick to and its perfect for me

Votes: 231 44.0%
  • Maybe. The 600 is great for now but down the line I see myself in something bigger

Votes: 239 45.5%
  • No way! I cant wait to get rid of my 600 for something bigger

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • I already have both a 600 and a larger bike

Votes: 39 7.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious what the general consensus is. I was talking to my cousin today and he has had numerous bikes in the past (750s, 600s) and recently picked up a new zx6r. I asked him why not a larger cc bike since he has lots of riding experience and he said "no need...I dont think I would ever get anything bigger than a 600". His reasoning was pretty simple. With a larger cc bike theres really no need for performance mods. But he said thats the whole fun in having a bike, to mod the crap out of it. He plans on adding a full exhaust and all the other usual things. So that got me thinking and thats why I made this poll.

I myself dont see the point in anything bigger. 600 is where its at for me. Ive ridden larger cc bikes but they just dont appeal to me. I cant wait to get my full system, filter and custom tune!!

Vote away

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
i can prob see myself getting a 1k RR, Duc 848, or Duc 1098R later on after i have many years of riding experience under my belt, enough money and have done a few track days with my 600

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
I want to get a 1k after my 600 is paid for.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
for what?

Most of us are nowhere near what AMA Supersport pros run at the track.

For example...

the AMA Supersport record at VIR is a 1:26.78 held by Jason DiSalvo...which is about 10 seconds faster than a Club EXPERT RACER can run on a 600cc.

There's absolutely no need for more than 600cc (supersport) on the road or the track.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i want a v twin like a 1098S or RC8.
but im not gonna sell my 600RR7, im just gonna add on to the collection.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
for what?

Most of us are nowhere near what AMA Supersport pros run at the track.

For example...

the AMA Supersport record at VIR is a 1:26.78 held by Jason DiSalvo...which is about 10 seconds faster than a Club EXPERT RACER can run on a 600cc.

There's absolutely no need for more than 600cc (supersport) on the road or the track.
yeah there is , i litre can be riden at a relaxed pace better than a 600
the lower rpm you can cruise them at , the help me to relax when i am riden...
but that said i still am gunna ride 600s for the next couple of years

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I'll keep the 600 for track duty...she'll be in the stable for years to come

Buy a liter bike for the road though...maybe even a...shall I say it <gulp> a muscle cruiser Zuk 109 :flamethro

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
someday ill get a something bigger, but i cant see myself getting rid of the 600, either both, or just a 600.

·
Registered
841 Posts
as of right now my mind is set for only 600's. its all ill ever need.
a 1000RR is rather tasty. maybe soon, I'd like more low-end torque.

btw Slaps, that animated Gif is toe-the-effed UP!!!!!!!!!!! Hilarious.... thanks for the mental retards who give us endless jackass moments

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maybe down the line for me...atleast another 3 years when im 25 and maybe Ill get a 1000rr so insurance would be cheaper. Any idea how much insurance would be for someone with a liter bike under 25?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I really like the GSXR 750. I think I will get one of them in a year or two. Or an 848, I just dunno if Ducati's are worth all that $

·
Registered
206 Posts
I said sticking to the 600. I've been there, done that. I bought a 954 after owning my 600 for a couple of months because I wanted more power. Went back to a 636. Went to a SV1k, then got a Gix 1k and had a ZX for track duty. (I know, I'm retarded) Now I just have the RR and don't see myself getting a 1k unless its used for street use. I just don't ride the street enough to make it worth while to own another bike just for the street.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have had ALOT of bikes in 14 years of street and track riding and still to this day I have never owned anything bigger than a 600. They are the perfect balance of power and weight to beat almost anything on street or track unless it is a long straight away. 600 with some different sprockets is my weapon of choice and dont expect that to change.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
How do I vote? Already own both and have for the last 6 ++ years...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
My next bike will be a gixxer 750. i like the low-revving on the freeway and the bit of extra power. i will still mod the ish out of it.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
a 1000RR is rather tasty. maybe soon, I'd like more low-end torque.

btw Slaps, that animated Gif is toe-the-effed UP!!!!!!!!!!! Hilarious.... thanks for the mental retards who give us endless jackass moments
yeah the 1000rr is tasty. i must agree. they are the seksees.

yes thank the dumbasses for giving good laughs. haha

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
How do I vote? Already own both and have for the last 6 ++ years...
Lucky SOB!!! :icon_lol:

Would be nice to have both a 600 for the track and liter for the street. I once i finish with 2 more trackdays and Biketoberfest this year I plan to sell the bike. then next year save up for a cheap track bike than can ocassionally be ridden in the street. I'd luv to have a used 750 or 600RR 06/07 or an 06 1kRR/GSXR1k.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts