Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just learned my first valuable lesson about my new bike. You don't leave it out front with a cover on when you have higher winds. It flopped right against a curb while I was at work. It put a huge crack in my back fairing and scratched the sh^% out of my right upper fairing. I guess insurance does pay once and a great while ($250 deductible though). This bike is only 2 weeks old (150 miles). To say the least, I wanted to drop a baby instead of my new baby.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sorry man :(

I try to park my bike at an angle so that most of its weight is on the kickstand, making it alot harder to blow over to the other side. What kinda cover were you using? The Dowco I have has a big breather pocket on its top that seems to do a good job of preventing the drag-chute effect

·
Registered
526 Posts
ephraimsaldivia said:
:shock: dude that sucks ...man wind does suck....it happen to another person on this form too...if that makes u feel any better

Yup, it was me! But I didn't hit a curb tho so my damage was limited to scratches on the fairings but my clip-on did break and my yoyodyne slider broke in half.

Here's the thread for that.....sorry man, I feel your pain

http://600rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6660&highlight=clipon+wind

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
CBRBob said:
nope, wind BLOWS LOL. Sorry about your baby :(
I hear that. There's a streach of road on my ride to and from work where there can sometimes be a hell of a cross wind. Almost felt like the Bike was going to be blown out from under me a couple of times. Quick counter steer to straighten her back up works. I just hope I stay quicker than the gusts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the Dawco. I am going to park it right next to my other car next time!

C

·
0 Posts
Sucks ass. Find out if they will raise your premium before you make a claim. If they raise it more than or equal to the cost of repairs, it wont be worth it obviously. Plus consider the $250 you already are putting out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts