Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the high desert of southern cali and when it gets windy here, IT GETS WINDY. We've been having some gusty weather. I've been riding for a month now and the wind doesn't make me nervous anymore & my body actually even adjusts now naturally, but sometimes, adjusting or not, the wind is violent. What do you guys do to deal with it besides not riding in it?

D

·
0 Posts
Tucking in. That's all there really is to do to deal with it. I also put my kickstand down and rest the bike on it at traffic lights to prevent the wind from blowing me over. It's happened to me before and I don't want it to happen again.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Just be aware of the wind. Put yourself in a lane position that gives you enough room to not go into another lane if a gust pushes you. Tucking down can help, and if its a steady blow that you're leaning into be careful when you pass another car or go under an overpass. The wind will suddenly stop and you'll shoot the direction you were leaning.
Other than that just go a bit slower if you're really getting pushed around.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate bridge too, cause the wind circles in the walls. You enter the bridge and its blowing one way and you are leaning to correct then all of a sudden you get the draft of the other direction and it tosses you like nothin'...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wear leathers! The wind has much less to grab onto than textiles/normal clothes, it makes a big difference. Also, if you have a backpack, make sure its for bikers. I find myself getting pulled all over the road on a windy day with a normal, 'baggy' backpack. The problem went away when I got a biker-specific backpack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts