Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a coach/teacher and I've been hesitant to ride my bike to school because I didn't want any kids around it. Since the weather has been cooperating lately I've been riding it. I walked out today to find that some kid had "tagged" my bike with that stupid window paint (see pictures below). As you could imagine, I was fuming.

I rushed home and used Meguiars car wash on it immediately.. I wouldnt come off!! I thought I was going to need a new paintjob. Luckily, for me and the kid that did it, I used Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover which is safe for paint and it came off. I then washed and waxed it.....

So.. in case this ever happened to someone else, Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover works like a charm. THANK GOD!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I think you and that kid need to have a heart to heart about touching other peoples belongings. School doesn't have cameras on the teachers lot?

·
Registered
689 Posts
a little bit of simple green on a rag will take it rite off without any problems unless its been baked in the sun for months than it will require a lil more elbow grease. I sell cars so we use that window paint all the time to put prices on cars..mark dents that have to be fixed for the body shop etc...so i take this stuff off car finishes all the time. I would def. be heated if somebody drew on my bike reguardless if it comes off or not so i feel for you on being pissed, maybe get a nice alarm installed with one of them perimiter sensors to deter people from going near it. Ebay sells a spy alarm for 100 bucks that got all the bells and whistles the $400 alarms have. I actually installed one on my bike and it works great for the price i paid for the unit.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
even though I dislike schools and have very limited respect for people there, I fuckin' hate kids that do this ****. glad you got it off. it's probably better if you don't take it anymore.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Time for a good ol fashion nun on student meeting...break out the rulers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you and that kid need to have a heart to heart about touching other peoples belongings. School doesn't have cameras on the teachers lot?
Unfortunately no.. Small town. No funds

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a little bit of simple green on a rag will take it rite off without any problems unless its been baked in the sun for months than it will require a lil more elbow grease. I sell cars so we use that window paint all the time to put prices on cars..mark dents that have to be fixed for the body shop etc...so i take this stuff off car finishes all the time. I would def. be heated if somebody drew on my bike reguardless if it comes off or not so i feel for you on being pissed, maybe get a nice alarm installed with one of them perimiter sensors to deter people from going near it. Ebay sells a spy alarm for 100 bucks that got all the bells and whistles the $400 alarms have. I actually installed one on my bike and it works great for the price i paid for the unit.
Im gonna look into that.. What brand do you have?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what does tba mean? thats an awfully random thing to put on a teachers bike.
Well its a long story, but basically I've had the girl in class before and I automatically new who did it because of this. Her father also works at the school and they used to kid her because she once asked her dad what the t.v. show called "T.B.A." was about... Obviously it means "too be announced" but she had no clue. Some of the kids called her that for a while after but not in a mean way. It was good-hearted fun from a girl who had no clue but still really left me quite angry.

03Cbr-rider
Are you saying you don't respect teachers?? Or just anyone who works in the school? (i.e., Principals, secretaries, lunch ladies, janitors, etc...)

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
wow..that is messed up. glad it came out though...sheesh.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Damn kids!! if it was possible to chain a guard do to my bike thats what I'd do.

Glad it came off. I'd have a serious talk with your students for this BS.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Well its a long story, but basically I've had the girl in class before and I automatically new who did it because of this. Her father also works at the school and they used to kid her because she once asked her dad what the t.v. show called "T.B.A." was about... Obviously it means "too be announced" but she had no clue. Some of the kids called her that for a while after but not in a mean way. It was good-hearted fun from a girl who had no clue but still really left me quite angry.

03Cbr-rider
Are you saying you don't respect teachers?? Or just anyone who works in the school? (i.e., Principals, secretaries, lunch ladies, janitors, etc...)
not really.

what I meant to say was I pretty much hate the activity that goes around in schools nowadays. there is very limited respect by individuals. I've had such a hard time in school ( won't get into it ) that it has really made me hate even being around one. no I don't hate ALL teachers and lunch ladies......but I could list a whole lot that I do :crackup:

I think if I was in your situation, I would have gotten very, very pissed off and would no longer want to take my bike into an area where kids would touch my bike without my permission. seems to me like you handled the situation pretty well.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
To be annouced was the first thing that came to mind, but weird why you, your bike, why that tag. Makes me want to tag someone's face and see how they like it. Or at least break a couple fingers ........... yeah, think about that next time you f*ck with other people's stuff.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts