Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a black tinted windscreen, but i dont like the look of a Double Bubble because it looks like it sticks up higher than the stock one. I want one thats low profile and not so high...any suggestions?

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
You could just paint your stock one and save money.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
more aerodynamic...blocks more wind, gives you something to tuck under. painting the stock one is easy. paint the back side with krylon fusion...make sure to mask everything else, and the front will look glossy black.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a V-flow tinted windscreen, brand new still in package if you want it, PM me if your interested. It's not as tall as the DB either.

·
Registered
780 Posts
SinisteRR said:
For some reason i dont like the double bubble, i like the low profile look...whats the point of the DB?
keeps bugs from hitting your chest and neck at 70+. Actually, at any speed especially going through the canyons. And when a huge butterfly slams in to your neck going 70mph, it HURTS!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Jaebster said:
keeps bugs from hitting your chest and neck at 70+. Actually, at any speed especially going through the canyons. And when a huge butterfly slams in to your neck going 70mph, it HURTS!
try a wasp or honeybee at that speed... it'll look like you got a hickey from a lamprey

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
At first I didn't like the DB. I bought one had it on for a while then put the stock one back on. Then I decided to go back with the DB and like it much better.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here's a pic of my painted stocker for reference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got a smoked DB by Pit-Eck for $50 with shipping. Fits good, looks great, and works perfect. I noticed the extra wind deflection from my body and added more area to tuck in.

Two reasons I bought one from Pit-Eck. My friend crashed his 954rr and cracked his first one, and replaced it with the same. The price was right.

Steve in NY

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Double bubble serves a purpose, especially if you ride at any kind of illegal speeds on the streets, and definately if you track.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts