Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Selling your soul?? I'm buying
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when going to the track do you have to have a clear screen or can i just keep my black chrome on?

N

·
0 Posts
I would get a cleaned one--good for those straight aways when you're tucked in to see where you're going.

But you can do without.

·
Selling your soul?? I'm buying
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i saved the oem clear one, just incase they wouldnt let me use my black chrome on. never been to the track, but cant wait to go.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't think anyone would make you replace it... not sure about having to look through it though. I'm 6'2" and have never been able to tuck enough to not see over it. Try it out - you'll know for next time.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Check the rules of the class you're racing in.

I race in 600 Production and 600 Superbike in AFM. Almost anything goes in Superbike, but would you believe the rules specify that I must have a stock windscreen in Production? (Oh, but internal engine mods are OK!!! WTF!!!) Having said that, I'm continuing to use my Zero Gravity clear double bubble in both classes. It's a minor hassle to swap it out, and besides, no one is going to file a technical complaint on a guy that isn't in any real points contention. Especially for a windscreen. LOL.

EDIT: Hmm, I just realized that your question probably is in reference to trackdays, not racing. Anything goes, non one is going to make you swap it out for a clear one. However, I would agree that a clear one is preferable (to me at least).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts