Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If rossi really wants to prove himself... Lets see him win on the suzuki! It just isn't his time anymore. Its time for a new king. An american one! Go Nicky!!!

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
What a race. I was nervous the whole race. When Stoner went down I scared the crap out of my dog. When Pedrosa almost went off in the corkscrew I got scared and when in the final laps I was nervous for Nicky hoping nothing went wrong. I just got done watching it for the 2nd time today. It was great.

·
Registered
990 Posts
LDROWN said:
It just isn't his time anymore. Its time for a new king. An american one! Go Nicky!!!
Are you CRAZY? The only reason Hayden is leading and Rossi is so far behind is purely because of bad luck on Camel Yamaha's part.

Laguna Seca is the only race where Hayden has beaten Rossi. Every other time both riders have finished Rossi has finished 1st or at least ahead of Hayden.

All the other times Hayden finished ahead of Rossi is when his bike died or he had a broken wrist.

Comments like the one you just made just goes to show how delusional Hayden fans can get. They completely ignore reality.

Hayden has had 4 years on the Repsol bike. It's about time he does well. I bet Hopkins would've done much better if had 4 years on that bikie.

·
Registered
124 Posts
cizzle600rr said:
sorry i figured everyone knew...o well..
No, some of us have weekend jobs. but its ok the title was changed by the time i read it.

And its not a matter of it being Rossi's time..........thats stupid. Racers like Rossi dont have their "time" Rossi is a winner by skill, not by it being his "turn to win" he just has a crappy tech team that f's up his bikes and he doesnt deserve it. He came up from 10th to 4th and at one point of that climb to the front he gained three positions in one lap. Im not saying Nicky didnt deserve that win. Im just saying Rossi could have his 8th championship if Yamaha knew how to fix their **** and take care of their racers. I bet he is tired of their ****. But next year he gets to ride a brand new never before ridden 800cc. I am very excited to see how thats going to be! 20,000 rpms baby!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
SoCal600RR said:
He came up from 10th to 4th and at one point of that climb to the front he gained three positions in one lap.
Hayden came from 6th, jumped 3 positions on the first lap. Just saying.

Anywho, racing isnt about just the rider. Its about the whole team. Thats why its called a race team. Sure, Rossi may be a better rider, but the Honda bikes looked damn good yesterday, and they dont crap out like Rossi's Yamaha.

I personally think Hayden is a great rider, and great at giving good feedback to the tech for development. They all thought his bike was kinda crappy at the beginning of the season, but now its rock solid.

Maybe if Rossi gave some constructive feedback, rather than complain about the traction control and asking the bike to do things its not capable of doing, he'd have a machine that would run as well as the Hondas. Its the riders job to give feedback, and to learn to ride the machine to its limits, not past them, in order to win.

Disclaimer: I do think Rossi is still a better pure rider, just doesnt seem to be to into his team this year, probably because both sides are at fault.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
I was scared that Pedrosa was going to take Nicky. Yah Nicky is cool an all but we all know Pedrosa will be the next Rossi. I mean come on he places second on his first MotoGP race, and he's only 20!!! My age!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
aren said:
Are you CRAZY? The only reason Hayden is leading and Rossi is so far behind is purely because of bad luck on Camel Yamaha's part.

Laguna Seca is the only race where Hayden has beaten Rossi. Every other time both riders have finished Rossi has finished 1st or at least ahead of Hayden.

All the other times Hayden finished ahead of Rossi is when his bike died or he had a broken wrist.

Comments like the one you just made just goes to show how delusional Hayden fans can get. They completely ignore reality.

Hayden has had 4 years on the Repsol bike. It's about time he does well. I bet Hopkins would've done much better if had 4 years on that bikie.
You rossi fans just can't take it that your boy is having problems this year. Whether its the bike or not. He chose the Yamaha, now its catching up with him. I am not saying he's not the best, but just like the Niners, every dynasty must go at sometime. And as far as having a crappy tech team, he took most of the guys with him from Honda when he went to Yamaha.

·
Registered
586 Posts
^^^
Sorry,

Rossi Is injured, and still got back on the track. He passes people the race after his injury. I have no ideas how you can think his time is over. yeah maybe he might not win the championship this year, but you can bet your ass HE WILL WIN NEXT YEAR. No ifs ands or buts. I didnt like Rossi after his going to Yamaha, but when he broke his wrist (or whatever the injury was) and went back out to the track for more practice, he has once again become my favorite. His drive and passion to win is the reason he wins. And i cannot believe you think he should go to suzuki to prove himself. Rossi needs to prove himself????? switched to Yamaha, and that same year he won the championship.

Sorry, Nicky is good, but this year has been filled with injury for riders. thats NOT his fault, but I think we should see who wins next year.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
aren said:

Wah, wah, wah... Then we can say, the only other times that Hayden didn't finish on the podium was when he had a bad case of the flu, and when his bike wasn't 100% setup/fastest and crappy (Donnington).

I ask you what happened at Turkey when Rossi came in 4th, where Hayden beat him by a second? And in China, when it wasn't a bike problem, but a tire problem?

You see, the thing is, all the stuff that happens isn't bad luck, it's racing. If you read/listened to the interviews this week, Rossi even said they were having problems all week with the setup of the bike and had similar problems during the practices. And he thought in warm up the bike would hold up eventhough there was much doubt. So, these things... it's racing. It happens...

And it sucks.

What upsets me is that when Rossi's bike sucks or goes down, it's always his bike to blame. But when Hayden's bike's set up sucks and he can't fly fastest, somehow it's HIS fault. What I'm saying is, stop whining for Rossi. It's racing, bikes crap out sometimes. And in a worse way if you're not a Honda.

I guess Rossi didn't talk to his bike enough. Maybe he should start massaging it on the grid during his pre-race loving routine on his bike.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Oh and btw, I don't hate Rossi. I love Rossi. I study the guy. There's something about his riding technique that's unlike the other riders. I feel fortunate to be alive during his reign in MotoGP. He's very highly regarded by me, because he didn't jump into GP on an advanced bike, like Stoner, Pedrosa or even Hayden, per se. He came in on the 500s. That's impressive!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Hayden, Rossi.....Rossi, Hayden. We all know Rossi is better period. Hayden is an awesome rider but Rossi has just been struck with bad luck because Burgess is stretching the M1 to the max trying to get every bit of power from it. Hands down if Rossi didnt have and DNF's it would be his title again. Don't get me wrong, i like Hayden a lot, but he is never going to be on Rossi's level. The title is in Haydens hands right now and the only way that it could slip to Rossi is if Rossi wins the next three and Hayden either crashes out or has mech failure. If Hayden wins i think we'll see Rossi back for one more. After he wins the first 800cc season, then he'll go to F1.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
sooperman12 said:
Oh and btw, I don't hate Rossi. I love Rossi. I study the guy. There's something about his riding technique that's unlike the other riders. I feel fortunate to be alive during his reign in MotoGP. He's very highly regarded by me, because he didn't jump into GP on an advanced bike, like Stoner, Pedrosa or even Hayden, per se. He came in on the 500s. That's impressive!
The 500's were the hardest bike to ride period man. I think you mean he came up through the ranks, 125cc, 250, 500. :blob7:

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
SoCal600RR said:
Racers like Rossi dont have their "time" Rossi is a winner by skill, not by it being his "turn to win" he just has a (crappy) tech team that (screws) up his bikes and he doesnt deserve it.
Uhm, I think Rossi's tech crew was the same one he had with Honda, for the most part; you know, minus the obvious Honda people swapped for Yami people. But the techs are the same.

Here's an article clip from Cycle News:

Rossi will be bringing most of the same technical team he's had at Honda. The crew is headed by Australian Jerry Burgess, a nine-time premier class crew chief, who probably would have stayed at Honda if he'd had the chance to work with Nicky Hayden. But that would mean taking Hayden away from current crew chief Trevor Morris, a move that would certainly have caused dissension in the garage.

So, uhm, yeah...

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
EsotericRR said:
The 500's were the hardest bike to ride period man. I think you mean he came up through the ranks, 125cc, 250, 500. :blob7:
Yeah, yeah. That's what I mean. Sorry. He came up through the ranks, but he also rode the 500s, which Pedrosa, Stoner, Vermeulen and such, didn't have to. You don't see the same kind of high-sides from two-strokers on today's four-stroke. I mean, you have be doing something TOTALLY wrong to high-side today's GP bikes with all their electronic gadgetry.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I only been riding a few months and watching racing the same, but as far as i can see Rossi, Hayden, and Pedrosa are 3 of the best riders out there doing what they do best. I love to watch all 3, but Nicky is the man 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. you know what would be sweet, if repsol became a 3 man squad including Rossi. Repsol would reign forever! HAIL!! REPSOL HONDAS!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
sooperman12 said:
Wah, wah, wah... Then we can say, the only other times that Hayden didn't finish on the podium was when he had a bad case of the flu, and when his bike wasn't 100% setup/fastest and crappy (Donnington).
LOL

that must Flu must have been really bad. since he's had it for the past 4 years with exception to Laguna last year.

nice try

1 - 20 of 137 Posts