Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So living in canada there is snow on the ground for 4-5 months of the year. what better to do then to buy parts all winter long and let them pile up in the closet until spring comes....

When spring comes the fun begins... first ride of the year,,, and of course all the installs...

Here are some pics of the after math LOL

HID's were exciting to install ,,, and really very easy to do... toughest part was finding a place for the balasts. the write up on this forum does not have a good description on how to properly hide them (yes you can see where but it isn't as simple as just putting them there)

HID low beam switch... with a shot of my new head light covers... the CF covers actually came off Moe's bike, yep that Moe, i bought them off him cause he didn't want plain twill any more. all the cf on my bike is plain twill

Galfer steel braded brake lines (love these) bleading the fronts after install took a while,, but again a simple install

A shot of the dual lines going into the master cylinder

Rear brake line and rear reservoir delete/HRC-ish mod (tygon tubing) thanks slaps for answering a couple of my questions about this

CF ghain guard, rear hugger, sprocket cover (had the hugger and cover just before winter)

left side CF head light cover

three pics of the bike

By the way, the colour is actually red and black not orange and black... for some reason my camera makes it look very orange

Oh and all the CF is from **** from MCcreations.. I love his products

thanks for looking guys/gals... comments appreciated

cheers,

Parker

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Man your bike is Pimp!!

very tasteful mods. the CF parts are badass.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
man, your bike is lookin great!!! very tastefully done!:thumbup:

and youre welcome. im glad i could answer your questions mang. :shakehand

ohhh btw...nice orange bike. :crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
625 Posts
looks great. really makes me want an 07-08

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks great. what kelvin are those hids, 6000k?

what did you use to cork the tygon?
Yep 6000K 55W.. they are hella bright:banger: Cars don't flash me in the day when the highs and lows are on, but at night people used to flash me when only the lows were on until i angled the low beam down a little bit more

as for the tygon, i got it from kurvey girl on ebay, very quick service and shipping. went to home depot plumbing section and got a 1/4'' inner diameter plug with a screw on cap and sealed the cap with silicone gasket.. (no problems yet from the brake fluid eating the silicone)

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks great. really makes me want an 07-08

I say you sell you current bike and get a used 07-08,, you will love yourself for it... or if you have the money get the new 2011 when it comes out (should be all new this year)

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what does the rear reservoir delete/HRC-ish mod (tygon tubing) do?

It gets rid of the rear resevoir.. sheds a few ounces of weight.. looks racer-esk

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is pretty easy dude, All you need is a lenght of tygon tubing 1/4 or 5/16 inner diameter, some sort of plug for the end, and a hose clamp or two.. I would suggest to purge out the whole rear brake and then install the set up, purging is probably not necessary, but I would suggest it to ensure there is no air in the line,, then just re bleed the rear brake

·
Registered
190 Posts
WOW!!! LOOKS AWESOME! except for the orange haha... I would love to see it in the actual red... I bet it looks a lot better in person! now just throw on a dark smoke DB!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WOW!!! LOOKS AWESOME! except for the orange haha... I would love to see it in the actual red... I bet it looks a lot better in person! now just throw on a dark smoke DB!

Thanks dude..

I used to have a Dark sheild (still have it actually) but I put the stocker back on because I wanted it clear so my Go Pro HD can see through it

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Nice looking bike V-tec! Speaking of which, I need to get a clear shield and gopro as well. That's for sure the next thing i get, those camera's are amazing.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^thanks man.

I love my go pro HD... you won't regret it

·
Registered
726 Posts
It is pretty easy dude, All you need is a lenght of tygon tubing 1/4 or 5/16 inner diameter, some sort of plug for the end, and a hose clamp or two.. I would suggest to purge out the whole rear brake and then install the set up, purging is probably not necessary, but I would suggest it to ensure there is no air in the line,, then just re bleed the rear brake
i need pictures ]=

1 - 20 of 43 Posts