Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a first year rider and my 06rr is going up for the winter in my garage and i was wondering what everybody does over the winter for example. fluids and battery and anything else i should know of. should i drain or change anything?thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
winterizing

yeh i was looking through all the sections for it but i must have overlooked it. i figured someone such as yourself could help me quiker then i could find it. didnt think of the search button.its a big site. thanks for the info

·
Registered
171 Posts
no problem man...helping each other out is what this site is all about! and again..welcome to the site!

·
Registered
857 Posts
i would just throw some fuel stablizer in the tank and start it up now and then. it is a honda! then check everyting before your first ride. but here in houston we ride all winter so im not really sure.

·
BOTM Winner 06/08
369 Posts
Fill the tank w/stabilizer added, pull the battery (store in ccol dry place in house), change oil and filter, clean and lube chain. And I'm assuning you have washed and cleaned your bike, I always store a clean bike with fresh oil. Spring time just drop the battery in and your good to go. Ignore the people who tell you that you should change the oil again in spring. This is overkill. Why throw out brand new oil? Hope this helps.

K

·
0 Posts
i would just throw some fuel stablizer in the tank and start it up now and then. it is a honda! then check everyting before your first ride. but here in houston we ride all winter so im not really sure.
then you'd be dumb. don't start it up at all. park it and leave it alone.

take the battery out, put it on a shelf, put a cover over the bike and just walk away. simple. you wanna listen to your bike, go to youtube.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
winterise

great replys guys. the only other thing i see is the coolant cracking the heads and such in the winterize section. how cold does it actually have to be. it should be alright in the garage i think. does anybody that stores change there coolants?

K

·
0 Posts
if the coolant fluid you have in there is the same stuff honda put in there, you don't have to worry about it. i donno where you live, but we;ve had some pretty nasty winters up here in Wisconsin the past few years, and not one of the motorcycle had Frozen. all had OEM coolant.

·
Registered
244 Posts
great replys guys. the only other thing i see is the coolant cracking the heads and such in the winterize section. how cold does it actually have to be. it should be alright in the garage i think. does anybody that stores change there coolants?

You can buy a gage that measures the coolant for lowest/highest temp protection. I change coolant every two years just to avoid corrosion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts