Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it’s winer now and instead of winterizing my bike i filled the tank up full and put gas stabilizer in it and i start it once a week so the battery doesn’t go. the oil is newer too. i’m paranoid but is there any possible way i’m creating harm to the bike by doing this? it gets really cold in my garage and i have full synthetic 10w40 castrol oil in it. is it bad to start it up in the cold because it’s such a thicker oil??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it’s winer now and instead of winterizing my bike i filled the tank up full and put gas stabilizer in it and i start it once a week so the battery doesn’t go. the oil is newer too. i’m paranoid but is there any possible way i’m creating harm to the bike by doing this? it gets really cold in my garage and i have full synthetic 10w40 castrol oil in it. is it bad to start it up in the cold because it’s such a thicker oil??
winter*

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
No, it’s not bad because the oil is heavier but it’s bad because you never get it hot enough to burn off the moisture you are creating by starting it all the time.

Pull the battery, leave it the hell alone and charge the battery in the spring. Stabilize the full tank of gas and you’re good.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,726 Posts
what you're doing is the absolute worst possible treatment you can give your bike and battery in the winter.

put it away and don't touch it.

pull the battery and top it up once mid-winter, and again in spring.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You don't have to to fill up the tank just have enough for your start-ups. I have to go through the same thing every year I would take the battery out of the bike and take it inside, if you have a battery tender connect the battery to the tender or just leave it in a warm place I have a 2015 GSXR 1000 still running OEM battery and I don't even have a battery tender. I don't start the bike as often as you do but at least once a month I start her up and let her get up to temp once the fan turns off that's it for her I don't give her any revs just idle, this year i bought a battery tender to try, we'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Have a look at this

·
Registered
344 Posts
Fill the tank up completely with stabilized fuel to prevent condensation and rust. Remove battery.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what you're doing is the absolute worst possible treatment you can give your bike and battery in the winter.

put it away and don't touch it.

pull the battery and top it up once mid-winter, and again in spring.
alright i will. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts