Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,
The time is nearby and is very dissappointing but winter is coming and i need to put the bike away soon. The questions i have is this:

1. I have a garage and it will be stored there (insullated)
2. Do i have to do anything special with the cylinders if i start it once a week
3. I will be drainging the oil and put fresh oil in it
4. Anything else i might be missing- If i have a full tank of gas is that bad

Give me your advice

I try to ride it long into the fall and early spring- if it aint raining i pretty much love to ride it.

Thanks Guys

K

·
0 Posts
Jesus hubert christ...

short term storage is a simple thing. By short term i mean 6 months or less.

1. Fill with fresh gas
2. Change the oil with something cheap (like GN4)
3. Park it somewhere clean
4. Remove the battery
5. put on a full cover
6. Walk away and do nothing unless you plan to ride it
(optional) use stands if you've got them. otherwise the side stand is fine.

and that's it. again, do not start it unless you are going to dedicate time to riding it a long distance, and not just letting it warm up. Store the battery inside the house and on a maintainer if nessessary. it wouldn't hurt to clean and lube the chain either. I did exactly this last year and it fired right up. I did not use a fuel stabliser (because it's a waste, gas doesn't go bad that fast) nor did i use a battery maintainer.

THERE IS THIS THREAD AS WELL>>
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=28374

·
Registered
29 Posts
This method has never failed me. My bike started up every Spring and never had any issues.

1) Fill up tank and put some Stabil in it.
2) Hookup battery tender.
3) Put bike on stands.

That's it. Forget changing the oil. Forget removing the battery. It's a Honda, it will start again in the spring.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys
Much appreciated- i will take your advice and im sure th ebike will start next year- im not to worry about it. I just like to take care of my baby properly and do exactly what it needs.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Just ride her through the winter. Man up and buy some underarmor. In February there is a run in Maryland called the Frosty Balls run. I plan on attending!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Johnny Candles said:
Just ride her through the winter. Man up and buy some underarmor. In February there is a run in Maryland called the Frosty Balls run. I plan on attending!
Where in MD is that candles? I live in Pa.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
maoisn said:
This method has never failed me. My bike started up every Spring and never had any issues.

1) Fill up tank and put some Stabil in it.
2) Hookup battery tender.
3) Put bike on stands.

That's it. Forget changing the oil. Forget removing the battery. It's a Honda, it will start again in the spring.
Thay's all I do........Except sit on it a whole bunch and make brmmm brmmmm sounds.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
All I do is fill the tank to the brim and put some stabil in. Then let it fun for about 10 mins to get some stabil in the cylinders. Then just let the bike sit. I may start it every now and than just to hear it run and let the fluids flow a little. Havn't had any problems and the bike usually starts right up in the spring.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Some more tips...

I always clean the bike real good too before putting it away and wax the chain.

Spary some WD40 in the exhaust pipe and cover them.

Cover the air ducts.

Jason

1 - 12 of 12 Posts