Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question. Everything I'm reading, unless I'm misunderstanding, is saying after you remove the cables to the exhaust valve, you have to wire it open? The only reason I ask is because my Ducati has an exhaust valve as well, but when powered it closes it. Unpowered it is held open by a spring, and that was if there are any issues with power to the servo, it defaults the valve to open so the bike can be ridden. And this makes sense to me. It's not that way on the Honda?

·
Registered
59 Posts
on the 13+ it will kind of flop around loose and make noise and also even wide open its restricting flow a bit due to the shaft and flap itself. I removed my servo, the cables and then took the header off. I then cut it right out of the pipe and welded short fat screws into the holes. you need a servo buddy or a flash tune to tell the ECU that its ok, but pretty straight forward other than that

·
Registered
59 Posts
on the 13+ it will kind of flop around loose and make noise and also even wide open its restricting flow a bit due to the shaft and flap itself. I removed my servo, the cables and then took the header off. I then cut it right out of the pipe and welded short fat screws into the holes. you need a servo buddy or a flash tune to tell the ECU that its ok, but pretty straight forward other than that

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same goes for the 07. I had to use some wire and tie it in the open position and then bolt it back together. Pretty simple to do but I couldn't find any pics. All the previous posts had dead links.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I removed my servo cables. Before doing so, I took note of where it had it both open and closed, then unplugged the servo. At that point I manipulated the valve open and closed by hand (very noticable by exhaust note) and marked where it was wide open. At that point I removed the cables, and the valve went right to the open mark. I haven't been able to ride yet after removing the cables due to weather, but I'll report back

·
Registered
391 Posts
Excuse my ignorance. From an OEM perspective, what does the exhaust valve do? Why remove it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's just a noise and emissions contraption. no real reason to remove it other than to have a less restrictive exhaust. It stays closed until 8000rpm in 1st and 2nd gears, then 6000rpm in the rest

·
Registered
59 Posts
it actually closes again at 9000. Just when we need it open. I went one step further and cut it right out of the header. When it was still in there it rattled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts