Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up 600rr.neters, again I call on you in my time of need. So HIDS went out, turns out the solder point in the starter housing broke off(common issue?). So I bought a oem one (which is supposed to be updated), I installed the wiring for the new starter(not the throttle cable) and turned the bike on. HIDs still didn't work and i noticed a burning smell after about 20 seconds. Checked it out and some of my wiring is getting extremely hot. If I wait a minute or so, the wires get to hot to touch and start burning the covering on the wires and/or stuff touching the wires and it starts smoking. Reconnected the original starter house and didn't have the issue. Im thinking I got a faulty starter house or something?? I have no idea what to think. I ordered the stater housing from 2wheelpros.com.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help guys, does anyone know why it might be doing. this? My Hids have a warranty on them but I'm not going to get another pair if it's going to burn off the solder point in the housing or if the Hid kit is going to need replacement every 7-10 months.

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
I have run them in many bikes without issue, as have many others here. 55w should be fine, but without proper projectors you're just spraying extra light around and pissing off other people.

Personally, I'd return them and get 35w if you're set on having them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts