Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a 05/06 wiring harness work on a 03/04 motor and ecu ?

I ride a 03 600rr stunt bike.. got a new 03/04 motor, but wiring harness is fucked.. will a 05/06 wiring harness work with my stunt bike motor and ECU?

·
Registered
638 Posts
It should. Part diagram is exactly the same.

Honda part numbers have three parts. First is what it is (wire harness), second is what bikes it will fit (CBR600rr), third part is usually if there are different options for the same part, for example fairing pieces that come in different colors.

05 wire harness number is the same part number as 03 except for the third part. This means they changed something but it's likely cosmetic or for improved function.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should. Part diagram is exactly the same.

Honda part numbers have three parts. First is what it is (wire harness), second is what bikes it will fit (CBR600rr), third part is usually if there are different options for the same part, for example fairing pieces that come in different colors.

05 wire harness number is the same part number as 03 except for the third part. This means they changed something but it's likely cosmetic or for improved function.
okay great!
I just bought a new 03/04 motor with 6k on it and my old 03/04 wiring harness is fucked, and only one I can find on eBay is the 05/06 wiring harness

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's an 03/04 one. A bit pricey as these things go.

according to my mechanic, the wiring harness has to be "uncut"..

and now he is saying the 05/06 won't work cause they changed the sensors connectors
what his comment was ..

"The 05/06 harness is not going to work. They changed a few sensor connectors on the 05/06 harness. That’s why the parts numbers are different"

·
Registered
638 Posts
Don't know what he means by uncut. I definitely wouldn't want to try and install a cut harness, or one missing a bunch of plugs.

It's possible a few connector types were changed, that would be consistent with only the third part of the part number different, but looking at the schematic they look exactly the same plug for plug.

Given limited options changing a few plugs wouldn't be a huge deal since you presumably have the plugs you need. You could always order an 05 harness on eBay and return it if it doesn't work. It will be the right length and have the right plugs at the right places.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts