Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you have a flasher relay wired in you do not need resistors. Something isn't right if you need resistors and you are blowing fuses.

Do you have an electronic flasher relay wired in or are you using the stock one?
I have the flasher relay from CustomLED. Is there any way to check if the relay is broken? It used to be fixed (blinked at a normal rate, no sticking), however it was dim. Now it doesnt even flash after trying the system without the resistor and blowing the fuse. I replaced the fuse and kept the resistor in the system.

·
Premium Member
14,406 Posts
I don't think you had it wired correctly and your resistors were what was making it flash slow. You can test the flasher relay with a bulb just hook up the red wire to power, the black wire to one side of the bulb and the other leg of the bulb to ground and it will flash if it's good.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well I didnt want to start a new thread on this topic but my question kind of relates to this.

My bike is used and came with a smoked integrated tail. My wife was driving behind me the other day and told me she could barley see my brake light and turn signals.

I went by the dealer on Saturday and talked to them (it was raining so I couldnt bring the bike)

The guy said my wife was probably just being over protective. I asked the guy if these are all made equal in quality and he said pretty much yeah. I noticed the ones they sell are about $120 and you can get them for like $30 on ebay.

So have you guys noticed a huge difference in quality in these? I understand you get what you pay for, just not sure if its worth buying one from the dealer. And for the life of me I don't remember the brand name of the one at the dealer.

TIA

·
Registered
15,522 Posts
I can't remember where I saw it, but there's a thread on here where somebody compares 3 different tail lights (ebay, tripage, and tst I believe) They are NOT pretty much the same. That being said, I still have an ebay integrated taillight on my bike

·
Registered
614 Posts
I can't remember where I saw it, but there's a thread on here where somebody compares 3 different tail lights (ebay, tripage, and tst I believe) They are NOT pretty much the same. That being said, I still have an ebay integrated taillight on my bike
Do you find it to be safe?

Also the tool before me didnt add load resistors so I need to do that and for the flush signals up front.

I've added resistors on my car when I put LED turn signals but I didnt know if which ones to get for a bike?

I would think they would be different since the power running to them on a bike is less than in a car.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.