Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm about half way through a major overhaul of overdue jobs on the bike, the largest of which is a respray...

Whilst all the fairings were off I decided to check my valve clearances, and do a few other jobs that could be done while the throttle body / air box assy was off.

I've noticed after putting everything back together that I have one 2p wire from the loom on the right side of the bike that doesn't have a home.

There are two 2p connections that come from the loom, and the snap together for each is the same. One - lets call it (a) has an orange and a black/white cable, the other lets call it (b) has a yellow/green and black/white cable going into it.

One of these connects to the pair solenoid (as far as I can tell this is a different term for the purge control solenoid) lets call that (c) which has a green/black and red cable coming from it.

My problem is I don't know which cable (a) or (b) connects to (c) and what the leftover one connects to. In terms of length, (a) only just reaches (c) but (b) reaches (c) with slack.

After inspection of the wiring diagram in detail I'm no closer to an answer, as the colours of the wire on it don't really match up.

Photos of the wire diagram and my set up are attached.

Interestingly, I started the bike today for the first time since doing the work, but only for a few second as I needed to go out. It started fine, but the idle was uneven - I need to test further, but would first like to get this sorted.

Love to get some help!

Christian

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
You can see the color wires in the diagram and compare them to what you. Rear brake switch is on there, that should be the the bottom circle. That will route down around the midpipe.
The other circle looks like your pilot light plug. Key on and check that your rear brake works and your third eye works.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tripage for the prompt response.

great advice it does look like cable (b) has the right colours for it to be the brake light switch, so I'll look for that.

So annoying then that the PAIR solenoid wire (a) and PAIR solenoid (c) both have different colours to the wiring diagram - assuming someone has changed them during a re-wire or something like that...

Anyway, Ill check and let you know.

Christian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts