Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Im taking curves over 120, my whole bike wobbles. Its not violent or anything, just minor. It doesnt really feel like a tank slap, but someone says it is indeed a tankslap. Its tolerable, and I can probably go faster, but I just dont like that feeling. I dont wanna spend the money on a damper if I dont have to. Other than the high speed curves, I never have problems with tank slaps. What can I do to prevent this, or is this normal? I have a friend with an 07 gsx-r with a stock damper and he says his does it too.

Any input or information will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
If your suspension isn't setup for you, and you're doing these high speed turns outside of an approved facility then I'm sure the problem will soon take care of itself.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
If your suspension isn't setup for you, and you're doing these high speed turns outside of an approved facility then I'm sure the problem will soon take care of itself.
.......................:hump: :hump: :hump: :hump: :hump: .................................

·
Registered
494 Posts
When Im taking curves over 120, my whole bike wobbles. Its not violent or anything, just minor. It doesnt really feel like a tank slap, but someone says it is indeed a tankslap. Its tolerable, and I can probably go faster, but I just dont like that feeling. I dont wanna spend the money on a damper if I dont have to. Other than the high speed curves, I never have problems with tank slaps. What can I do to prevent this, or is this normal? I have a friend with an 07 gsx-r with a stock damper and he says his does it too.

Any input or information will be greatly appreciated.
I recall about 6 years ago, I made a similiar comment like the one above. :icon_lol:

It came from lack of knowledge. I was lucky, people pulled my coat. Now, you couldn't pay me to take a so-called-curve at 120. BTW, you ain't taking no REAL CURVES AT 120, or even at 90..:icon_lol: You might can boogie at the speed on a sweeper, but not a curve.. Trust me.. :icon_lol:

Anyway, after getting the same kind of comments you are getting here, I said to myself, 50,000 Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong. I listened. Then I took a school at the racetrack, and my eyes opened up big. Then I wondered how could I ever say such a thing!!

Take the advice of somebody that has learned, if you got a hankering to twist that throttle all the way, and like the feel of the rush of speed, take your bike to the track, take a school, and then you will get hipped to the how your supension can be setup for you, and the racetrack will tell ya, bring all you got on. It will make you humble, and you then you have lots of respect for speed, and the streets will be safer for all concern.

Luck to ya,

BTW, here is an example of real street curve.

http://mysite.verizon.net/cehowardrc51/w33772.jpg

·
Registered
592 Posts
I recall about 6 years ago, I made a similiar comment like the one above. :icon_lol:

It came from lack of knowledge. I was lucky, people pulled my coat. Now, you couldn't pay me to take a so-called-curve at 120. BTW, you ain't taking no REAL CURVES AT 120, or even at 90..:icon_lol: You might can boogie at the speed on a sweeper, but not a curve.. Trust me.. :icon_lol:

Anyway, after getting the same kind of comments you are getting here, I said to myself, 50,000 Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong. I listened. Then I took a school at the racetrack, and my eyes opened up big. Then I wondered how could I ever say such a thing!!

Take the advice of somebody that has learned, if you got a hankering to twist that throttle all the way, and like the feel of the rush of speed, take your bike to the track, take a school, and then you will get hipped to the how your supension can be setup for you, and the racetrack will tell ya, bring all you got on. It will make you humble, and you then you have lots of respect for speed, and the streets will be safer for all concern.

Luck to ya,

BTW, here is an example of real street curve.

http://mysite.verizon.net/cehowardrc51/w33772.jpg
That curve looks like one of several on Blood Mountain in GA. What a freaking road!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
That curve looks like one of several on Blood Mountain in GA. What a freaking road!!
That one happens to be Rt West 33, in West Virginia. They have about 20 to 25 of them right close together. I use to travel 200 miles just to get to them..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts