Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here’s the deal. 05 cbr rr, the other day I drove to my buddies house and we were messing around. Finally he pulled back to the house on my bike and when I went to restart it it wouldn’t start, lights on dash but just clicks like super dead battery. Roll started it and got home 15 miles away or so, same deal. As soon as I shut it off it wouldn’t restart. Battery tester showed bad battery, so I ordered a 30 buck eBay battery (maybe that’s the issue?) and tried it today, initially it showed like 11.5 volts (can’t remember exactly). But now I jumped it, ran it and it shows 12.5 sitting turned off. Jumped the bike and took it down the street hitting 6k -8k (I heard the rr starts charging at a certain rpm) but still same problem, jumper it again and checked colts while it was running “13.5”. Reved to about 5k 6k and got right under 14v. So I assume the rr is charging. Ps checked the main battery fuse and the fuses on the left side. All good.

what do you guys think the issue is?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok here’s the deal. 05 cbr rr, the other day I drove to my buddies house and we were messing around. Finally he pulled back to the house on my bike and when I went to restart it it wouldn’t start, lights on dash but just clicks like super dead battery. Roll started it and got home 15 miles away or so, same deal. As soon as I shut it off it wouldn’t restart. Battery tester showed bad battery, so I ordered a 30 buck eBay battery (maybe that’s the issue?) and tried it today, initially it showed like 11.5 volts (can’t remember exactly). But now I jumped it, ran it and it shows 12.5 sitting turned off. Jumped the bike and took it down the street hitting 6k -8k (I heard the rr starts charging at a certain rpm) but still same problem, jumper it again and checked colts while it was running “13.5”. Reved to about 5k 6k and got right under 14v. So I assume the rr is charging. Ps checked the main battery fuse and the fuses on the left side. All good.

edit.. fuel pump works from the sound of it at least. And it runs after it’s jumped for as long as I ride

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

what do you guys think the issue is?
Also did the revers test on the r/r and got about .48 on all three leads, did ohm test on the stator and it beeped but read .000 on all 3 possible combinations and also the ac voltage check said under 12 volts

·
Registered
59 Posts
make sure your ”new“ battery is fully charged with a proper charger, left overnight before you start any additional diagnoses

1 - 6 of 6 Posts