Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took all my fairings off to get them painted along with the gauge cluster and the headlights and everything but when i wanted to start it up to drive it into the garage with everything off it wouldnt fire up it started over and over but nothing actually made the engine fire however all the connections i disconnected were mostly for lights however i thought maybe the connections to the gauges had something to do with it becuase i know for a fact when my car has the gauges missing it will not turn over is this the same or did i mess something up

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Troubleshooting thread sir

·
Registered
886 Posts
do u see the "FI" symbol when the bike is under electrical power? do u hear the fuel pump buzzing? if not, i bet u put your Bank Angle Sensor in upside down. good luck.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
man its simple the head lights have to be on the bike because of the bank angle sensor which is located between the high beam & the low beam otherwise the bike will not fire up no matter what you do

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
moeman said:
man its simple the head lights have to be on the bike because of the bank angle sensor which is located between the high beam & the low beam otherwise the bike will not fire up no matter what you do

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahhh i see well it would make sense since i dont have my headlights on i just thought it was weird but i will have to wait till i put on the peices again thank you for helping

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well as seeing as i havent put on the headlights again i am unable to for sure say whether it is a problem anymore or not but i will just have to go with what people say and assume that everything will be ok when i put the fairing back on after they get painted.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That should be your solution because I ran into the same problem once before and good thing I trouble shoot the wiring and banksensor first otherwise I could of wasted hours beating my head.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Where is this bank angle sensor. I am having a similar problem to Kinetic impulse. I know it is between the headlights but is it connected to the front fairing?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Lan said:
Where is this bank angle sensor. I am having a similar problem to Kinetic impulse. I know it is between the headlights but is it connected to the front fairing?
Hmmm if I remember correctly, it's mounted on the actual headlight assembly. Like a smal 1.5"x3"x1" black box.If not mounted on the headlights, definately the faireing stay, but I'm almost ositive it's on the assembly.

And yes, bike won't even fire if this isn't hooked up to the harness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts