Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I noticed that when I ride my bike at full throttle and try to take it to redline, at 13k it just cuts power and the FI and HESD lights on my gauge cluster come on.. it scared me the first time it happened bc it just cut off hard with no warning and made me rack my nuts on the tank and slap my helmet on my windscreen.. just curious if anyone can even provide some possible explanations to my problem.. it does it whether i just ease on up to 13k or hard on the throttle and the road is perfectly smooth...still does it. Thanks in advance.

Aaron

D

·
0 Posts
It might be a problem with your TP, CKP, or CMP sensor. You should check that all are working and firmly plugged in.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
It might be a problem with your TP, CKP, or CMP sensor. You should check that all are working and firmly plugged in.
Ignore demented, he doesnt know shyt. id say, It might be a problem with your TP, CKP, or CMP sensor. You should check that all are working and firmly plugged in...... :retard::drunk::cursin:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would this fall under a warranty claim?? I have 3 years left on my warranty. shouldnt the local honda dealer take care of it if its something major?

D

·
0 Posts
would this fall under a warranty claim?? I have 3 years left on my warranty. shouldnt the local honda dealer take care of it if its something major?
Yes it would.

By the way, your body position is horrible. If you're going to take turns that require you to lean that much on the street, at least learn some proper riding techniques and body positioning to avoid being in a situation resulting in a CBB post.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Yes it would.

By the way, your body position is horrible. If you're going to take turns that require you to lean that much on the street, at least learn some proper riding techniques and body positioning to avoid being in a situation resulting in a CBB post.
i agree. learn it, and you will notice, in time, a smother transaction in the twisties and a faster pace. in fact, look at "d's" pic, thats proper riding body posture/ technique.

demented, are you ignoring me? did i piss you off with the hair comment? :bootyshak
and i know you didnt put me on that damn ignore list of yours.

D

·
0 Posts
i agree. learn it, and you will notice, in time, a smother transaction in the twisties and a faster pace. in fact, look at "d's" pic, thats proper riding body posture/ technique.

demented, are you ignoring me? did i piss you off with the hair comment? :bootyshak
and i know you didnt put me on that damn ignore list of yours.
I don't know about proper. People say I ride like Elias, and although his body position looks good, can't really say it's proper.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I wasnt in leathers in that picture, I only had riding jeans on with my boots so I was taking it easy trying not to come too far off the bike and not riding too hard.

D

·
0 Posts
yeah I wasnt in leathers in that picture, I only had riding jeans on with my boots so I was taking it easy trying not to come too far off the bike and not riding too hard.
That's the poorest excuse for being leaned over that much on the street and not wanting to have proper body position that I've ever heard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's the poorest excuse for being leaned over that much on the street and not wanting to have proper body position that I've ever heard.
ummm, cruising through the mountains?? I wasnt trying to drag a knee, I was simply cruising through north GA

D

·
0 Posts
ummm, cruising through the mountains?? I wasnt trying to drag a knee, I was simply cruising through north GA
No one should ever try to drag knee. Though riding with shitty riding posture while leaned over because you don't want to lean over 'cause you're wearing jeans, is an easy way to drag more than your knee.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
aaron, seriously. if you are just cruising, the bike wouldn't be leaned over that far. i agree with D. poorest excuse not to wear gear or care about proper bp. being that leaned over, you don't really give yourself to much room for error. proper bp, will keep the bike in a more upright position just in case you get into some shyt and need to swerve out the way. gear up and wise up on that bp. it will save your ass.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aaron, seriously. if you are just cruising, the bike wouldn't be leaned over that far. i agree with D. poorest excuse not to wear gear or care about proper bp. being that leaned over, you don't really give yourself to much room for error. proper bp, will keep the bike in a more upright position just in case you get into some shyt and need to swerve out the way. gear up and wise up on that bp. it will save your ass.
I really wasnt trying to turn this into a "lets evaluate your shitty riding posture in your avatar thread". I just needed help with my bike acting up. But just to clear things up, In that picture I wasnt wearing leathers like a should have been, however I do wear my leathers and boots whenever I ride somewhere. I do need to fix my posture, i know this, but this isnt the thread for riding techniques, nor was I trying to turn this into a clinic. Thanks for trying to help.

D

·
0 Posts
I really wasnt trying to turn this into a "lets evaluate your shitty riding posture in your avatar thread". I just needed help with my bike acting up. But just to clear things up, In that picture I wasnt wearing leathers like a should have been, however I do wear my leathers and boots whenever I ride somewhere. I do need to fix my posture, i know this, but this isnt the thread for riding techniques, nor was I trying to turn this into a clinic. Thanks for trying to help.
We're just trying to make you aware and stop you from riding like that before you crash.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts