Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I decided to shop at Motomummy for the 1st time seeing as I heard about their website over here.

I purchased a power commander for my 2012 CBR and got a confirmation and all was well so far. After waiting about 3-4 days I emailed them asking what is taking so long to ship. I got a response the next day from Erin stating that the part was out of stock and that they should get more in late that same week.

Well I was already upset that they did not let me know about this when I purchased it and they waited for me to email them about it to get any response. They told me I can go ahead and cancel the order if I like since its still pending(They still charged my account).

I told them its fine w/e ill wait since I already waited for 3 days for it. So its Sunday and its been a good week and still nothing. Why would Erin state that they are going to get the part late that week if it was not a guarantee? Seems like they thought I wouldnt take it seriously. I send them another email asking what the status is and they said that they still didnt get the part in.

At this point i had enough. I wasted my time waiting and it just seems like they really dont care about their customers. It felt like i was just a # and all they cared about was the money based on their email response. There was no sincere apology, it was more of a "oh sorry its sold out, u can cancel or wait" kinda deal.

Im not bad mouthing the company at all im sure alot of ppl got great service from them, Im just saying I either got unlucky or they really have bad service. Anyways, thats what I had to deal with this past week.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Sorry to hear that I have had nothing but good exp. with motomummy

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry to hear that I have had nothing but good exp. with motomummy
if those experiences mean buying the item and having it shipped out within a few days w/o having direct contact with their customer service then that doesnt count. Otherwise, I guess they having a bad day.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I've had great experiences with Motomummy. There was an issue with my billing address and shipping address not matching and Corey emailed me back and forth to get it all resolved. It's not really Motomummy's fault in your case. They gave you options, and sometimes there are delays in when they get their product in.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I called them once because I had ordered a new set of tires and some oil. The oil had held up the shipment of the tires an extra 3 days, called em right away, they separated the two of em no problem. Very good customer service I thought. Probably because I called them.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
You were definitely unlucky. Motomummy is one of the best vendors on here. I live in NYC and I get my items within 2-3 days of placing my orders, and they're based in TX. At least they had communication with you and didn't leave you wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
763 Posts
You're not missing out on anything. I live down the road from them, and had an incident with the owner (Corey) when I stopped in to pick up a part that wasn't ready to be picked up because it interfered with the order of which he 'completed' orders. He actually had the tenacity to yell at me in his store.

He has a long history of burning bridges with other shops and customers. All around douchenugget.

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're not missing out on anything. I live down the road from them, and had an incident with the owner (Corey) when I stopped in to pick up a part that wasn't ready to be picked up because it interfered with the order of which he 'completed' orders. He actually had the tenacity to yell at me in his store.

He has a long history of burning bridges with other shops and customers. All around douchenugget.
figures...I mean in my situation I was the one that had to email them 1st. I mean if the item was out of stock they should of realized this and sent me an email saying so. If that was the case I could of gone somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts

I am sure their is more to that story.........

·
Registered
763 Posts
I am sure their is more to that story.........

I'd tell you if there was. Literally stopped by to pick up what I had ordered, he had it in stock, and told me he has to go 'in order' down his list. I offered to wait, he got more pissy, then he goes on to yelling and telling me he's going to cancel my order. LOL

I don't need to explain anything, pretty much everyone in Texas that has been in the MC business knows what a douche he is.

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
i am going to back this story 50/50 with OP..

i AGREE with what OP said and believe him.
and also Agree with all the ones saying they are satisfy.

1. i have order with motomummy lots of times and when the parts are in STOCK, youll get them fast and smooth,

BUT..
one time when i ordered my ASV lever.. i had the exact same thing with OP, they never inform me they were out of stock. i waited, call em, they told me " its out of stock and itll take a week or so until the next batch, they also said i can cancel it and order the other brand other(forgot which one it was).
i then canceled it and ordered form another vendor , i purcshase CRGS.

so all in all, to Motomummy, i think your website designer should get the live inventory count, you know like most other sites, where when you select a product. and if its out of stock, it tells you (out of stock,email me when available) before the customer actually pays.
quite simple i think..

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
hahaha, you crazy cats and your 'next day' shipping/arrival expectations...

Try ordering from another continent, then you will come to appreciate your ridiculously fast US National postage times.

Some serious first world problems up in this thread.
We don't have to deal with that, and this thread is about communication...not shipping times.

I know Teedub IRL and he is NOT one to exaggerate.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I ordered a few items during the black friday and christmas sales and waited a long time to recieve those items. I sent an email after a few days checking on the status since they've shipped everything else I've ordered super fast in the past. Corey responded the same day and explained their inventory got wiped out during the sale, which is understandable, since some of those prices were great.

I do agree with OP that it is frustrating to order an item, expecting it to be in stock, then having to contact the vendor yourself only to find out it is not.

Maybe it was common sense that any orders during those holiday sales would not be filled immediately. However, I think it would be common courtesy to let your customer know the item they were charged for (before the item is even shipped...) isn't in stock.

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
Sucks to hear man he has been really helpful to me and had great communication through pms here i placed several orders this past month and all went smooth. The response about canceling the order or wait I'm not so sure if that was intentionally meant to be rude though. I do agree though a better inventory system would probably be helpful.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I just received my brake lines from the 12 days of christmas sale, to Canada. I will shop with them again.
FWP
Got mine last week. After a mix-up with shipping (on my part), Motomummy was extremely helpful and very communicative. Even with that it was still extremely fast delivery.

Very satisfied.

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update: So they shipped out my item on Tuesday of this week and Today i checked my tracking # and it got sent out to someone else LOL. Keeps getting better and better for me i guess. Its some random person in Torrance which is a good 2hrs away from me.

Just not having a good time :*(

1 - 20 of 57 Posts