Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so like the title says. any common reason why the bike will crank fine but wont turn over? the motor didnt bust open or anything...

the damages i can see are cracked frame.
bent subframe.
blown right fork.
bent triples.
right fairing/blinkers.
both headlights.
throttel.
and gauge cluster.

any ideas? any kind of feedback. i want to get this running atleast just so i can either get a new frame. or maybe just buy a blown cbr600rr and drop my motor in it.

any help is greatly apperciated. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Had mine apart last week for a new header and found that it wont start without a plugged in (and probably working) gauge cluster. See if that's the issue.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you dont need the gauge on it just check the bas it most likely that had the same problem about a month ago
so your saying it will start with out a cluster regardless?

sorry to be sounding so noobish but what is a "bas"? im really new to bikes and this fourm.

like i said when u turn the key on.. you know how u turn the red kill switch to "on" and then you can here like the fule pump pruge and everything. (normaly)

well it dosnt do that right now?

thanks for the responces though guys!

·
Registered
936 Posts
check your fuses on the left side of the bike.....the bas is behind the headlight. With the ignition/run switch on rock the bike back and forth....way over and see if the fuel pump turnes on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
check your fuses on the left side of the bike.....the bas is behind the headlight. With the ignition/run switch on rock the bike back and forth....way over and see if the fuel pump turnes on.
ok ill try rocking the bike back and foward to see if it will turn on.

now the "bas" is a connector im assuming?

is it bas. like said "bass" or bas stand for something and called b.a.s for short?

what happens if leaning dose or dosent make the pump turn on. that will tell meif this "bas" is good or not?

like i said sorry guys but i am still a total noob to bikes. so thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
377 Posts
BAS stands for "Bank Angle Sensor" and it works sort of like a Kill Switch for your fuel pump so that when you drop the bike on its side in a crash, it automatically shuts off any fuel to the motor starving it dead as a safety measure. If you can picture how a mercury switch works then you can understand how the BAS will work.

It is located in the front upper fairing just behind the gauge cluster.

You may have a bad or damaged BAS from the crash or you may have installed it upside down or it could be simply loose at the connection plug.

Have a check at it and familiarize yourself with this post..

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=176925

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BAS stands for "Bank Angle Sensor" and it works sort of like a Kill Switch for your fuel pump so that when you drop the bike on its side in a crash, it automatically shuts off any fuel to the motor starving it dead as a safety measure. If you can picture how a mercury switch works then you can understand how the BAS will work.

It is located in the front upper fairing just behind the gauge cluster.

You may have a bad or damaged BAS from the crash or you may have installed it upside down or it could be simply loose at the connection plug.

Have a check at it and familiarize yourself with this post..

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=176925
niceeeeee!!! this is prob the case sence my headlights are complety gone. i have some wires hanging down. idk if that peice is still connected to it or not. hopefuly it is. lol...

now are these reuseable. or are they like once they have been triggered to cut shut off there no good again or are they something that will work over anad over. (imm pictureing like an airbag sensor in a car. like once and done.) or will work over and over as long as its installed properly.

thanks so much man that info was VERY helpful though. im going to check it out some more when i get a chance and heal up a littel bit!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
niceeeeee!!! this is prob the case sence my headlights are complety gone. i have some wires hanging down. idk if that peice is still connected to it or not. hopefuly it is. lol...

now are these reuseable. or are they like once they have been triggered to cut shut off there no good again or are they something that will work over anad over. (imm pictureing like an airbag sensor in a car. like once and done.) or will work over and over as long as its installed properly.

thanks so much man that info was VERY helpful though. im going to check it out some more when i get a chance and heal up a littel bit!!!
it will work again. it's a momentary switch, it resets when upright again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
alright nice!. thanks slow231 very helpful. where in md are you? im in glen burnie/pasadena area!

*edit*

and slow231. is that the camo blue plastics sold by bliss-star on ebay?!.. im gonn rebuild with the camo greens! im mad that you have that lol jk. if it is hit me up with a pm and a pic so i can see how it looks put otgether and fit and what not. thanks in advance man.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey you guys are all awsome who said the B.A.S!!! luckly my friend who was with me and seen the wreck went and picked up some peices of the bike and a small peice of the headlight was one of the few peices he found. and guess what was still connected?! the bas!!

so i took it to my storage unit where the bike its. pluged it in and ta-daaaaa!!! started right up loike a champ! i didnt run it long sence my radiatior cap is gone from the accident but she started right up like a champ and sounded smooth so bring the rebuild on!!!

again thanks so much guys all of your info was priceless! :thumbup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Old

This is an old thread but worth a million bucks,
after a highside, my front fairing was gone, I was able to pick up many pieces, and the safety crew at the track picked up some more, after I got my box of broken pieces at home, I did not bother to check what I got, I thought that all plastic is the same s..t, UNTIL my bike did not start, that sound when you turn the key was not there, nothing would happen when trying to crank it, until I read this, start looking through my broken pieces, and there it was the fre...kin angle whatever sensor, it was ripped off at the crash. Connected back up and whoooolaaaaaaaaaa!, like a new bike.

THank you all for sharing.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
it's a honda, thats why

1 - 15 of 15 Posts