Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound like common sense however, I started my bike when the last fuel bar was blinking and decided to rev a little. I revved to 5~7k then the bike just died. I did this when the bike wasn't even warm. The temperature gauge showed "--". I tried starting the bike again but it wouldn't start. All I hear is the starter turning, trying to start. So I twisted the the throttle to WOT as I pushed the start button, then it bogged for a few seconds then finally started. Now my question is; did it do this because it didn't have enough fuel or I revved like a dumb a** when it wasn't even warm? Please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
This may sound like common sense however, I started my bike when the last fuel bar was blinking and decided to rev a little. I revved to 5~7k then the bike just died. I did this when the bike wasn't even warm. The temperature gauge showed "--". I tried starting the bike again but it wouldn't start. All I hear is the starter turning, trying to start. So I twisted the the throttle to WOT as I pushed the start button, then it bogged for a few seconds then finally started. Now my question is; did it do this because it didn't have enough fuel or I revved like a dumb a** when it wasn't even warm? Please let me know.

Thanks
Well, did it keep running after it started? Is it fine now? It wouldn't have lasted long if you were that out of fuel. I don't think you will destroy your engine revving to 5k cold, was that really all that you revved up to?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
yeah man, cold revving your bike is a dumbass move (if above 7-9k so youre ok), but it will only cause long term-effects. Youre out of gas

·
Registered
753 Posts
I revved to 5~7k then the bike just died. I did this when the bike wasn't even warm. The temperature gauge showed "--".
Really? I mean... really??

Two possibilities: Troll, or Gixxer wanna be accidentally bought a Honda.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Sounds like you have some bad injectors. Go get some NOS from the gas station (the chilled kind)...

...Actually, based on this post, you might ACTUALLY do it. DO NOT PUT ENERGY DRINK IN YOUR BIKE!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts