Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can jump start it but when i go to start it there is a clicking under the front seat.I took the front seat off and it is coming from a square box.It maybe is a relay. I checked all fuses and they are good. I am out of ideas

·
Registered
784 Posts
Battery is probably dead. Charge it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
yup ur batt. is dead. . buy a new one if it keeps diying after you've already charged it. OH do u have any aftermart. headlights (thats what sucked my juice out of my batt. )

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yo i got the same problem, I got the clicking under the seat and my batt is charged up. I ordered the starter relay, i'll let u know when i put it in to see if that fixed the problem.

·
Registered
61 Posts
yep i had that problem, the lights worked and the cluster display but the battery just didnt have enough power to start the bike, i put a new battery on and problem solved

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Everyone should charge their batteries every few months regardless if it cranks fine or not. It keeps the battery conditioned and it will last longer.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
2k5Silver_Bullet said:
mine was doing that, only when i hit the kill switch, if i shut it off w/ the key it's fine??? iono
Stop using the kill switch. I never use mine. You're just doing twice the work and wearing out the kill switch. You have to turn the key off anyway so just leave it in gear, put the kickstand down (bike shuts off), and then pull the key out. No need to use the kill switch. Eventually it's going to go completely out.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Bro, That Clickin Is Two Things....your Fuel Relay/ And Your Starter Solenoid Telling You, Your Battery Is Dead. Charge Your Battery And Your Good To Go. Cuae If It Starts With Boost, Your Fuel Relay Is Fine.

·
Registered
801 Posts
600rrJ said:
Bro, That Clickin Is Two Things....your Fuel Relay/ And Your Starter Solenoid Telling You, Your Battery Is Dead. Charge Your Battery And Your Good To Go. Cuae If It Starts With Boost, Your Fuel Relay Is Fine.
Theres a chance it can be the starter relay but If the clicking keeps going , Its the starter thats fried and its sending the power back to the relay "clicking noise". If the motor is not turning over , doesnt Make any noise, but u hear the clicking...Its the Starter Or Relay switch. I'll put my money on the starter. I took mine out and its completely fried..ill take some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
784 Posts
SABOR600RR said:
Theres a chance it can be the starter relay but If the clicking keeps going , Its the starter thats fried and its sending the power back to the relay "clicking noise". If the motor is not turning over , doesnt Make any noise, but u hear the clicking...Its the Starter Or Relay switch. I'll put my money on the starter. I took mine out and its completely fried..ill take some pics tomorrow.
Unless you know of some magical way that jumping the bike is bypassing the starter relay, it's his battery.

·
2006 BOTY WINNER
814 Posts
DethMetal Jeff said:
Unless you know of some magical way that jumping the bike is bypassing the starter relay, it's his battery.

+1 Running more power through a relay doesn't make it work if it is truly fried.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
+1 on the battery being dead,

That is how I failed the riders test when I went to take it last year, killed the bike to hear what the instructor was saying, and was unable to restart within 1 minute = auto failure. that sucked because I had to wait another week before I could test again, then had 2 weeks of rainy weather, so I actually had to wait 3 weeks.

·
Registered
513 Posts
NewRedRider said:
Stop using the kill switch. I never use mine. You're just doing twice the work and wearing out the kill switch. You have to turn the key off anyway so just leave it in gear, put the kickstand down (bike shuts off), and then pull the key out. No need to use the kill switch. Eventually it's going to go completely out.

the emergency stop switch is for just that , emergencies . the side stand switch is for keeping you from driving off with the sidestand down , just that . the KEY SWITCH is how you turn on/off the bike . period .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts