Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I previously wrecked my 07 rr (fliped end over end)
It was still running after the wreck and I shut it off. When I got it home I got it a little cleaned up and made sure all the guts where still intact. It started and ran for a minute but i only had a little bit of gas in it. All wires and connections are together but now after sitting for a week or so it wont start or even turn over. The starter turns but the engine wont even attempt to crank.

Thoughts please....? :confused1

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea the battery is charged, its something mechanical I think, but im not sure

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really? No one has any other input or advice ? Come on now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
pull the BAS and inspect it it might be sticking so to say I would pull it and shake it a bit or try jumping it, if the doesn't change anything let us know and I will think of a few things

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Is the fuel pump turning on when you flip the kill switch? That is usually the first thing to find out. Let us know.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I turn the key you can hear the fuel pump kick on and the speedometer reads out as usual. I'll try the BAS gimick and see how that works . Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
do you hear any clicking sounds or sluggis cranking sounds when trying to turn it on?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
When I turn the key you can hear the fuel pump kick on and the speedometer reads out as usual. I'll try the BAS gimick and see how that works . Thanks

If the fuel pump turns on... your BAS is good.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I only hear the starter turning over. It doesnt even try to crank the motor, no pressure or air even comes out of the exhaust.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It may be the battery, even though you say its charged ... thats what happened to me I hooked my bike up to the car with some jumppers and it fired right up... not saying its your solution but I'd give it a try

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nothing still...

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I only hear the starter turning over. It doesnt even try to crank the motor, no pressure or air even comes out of the exhaust.

Ok, you're gonna need to be more specific.

Question 1) When you turn the bike on, you hear the fuel pump running for about 2 seconds?

If yes,
Question 2) You say you hear the starter turning over... What does that sound like? Like an empty blender... just an electric motor sound? If that's the case... then you've messed up a gear or the one way bearing on the crankshaft is bad.

I'm guessing from your description that the engine does not turn but you can hear the starter motor spinning. Let me know if I'm right or not.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
it sounds like something mechanical. if the starter is turning but the engine isn't it's time to pull the clutch cover off and see whats the haps. Difficulty of removing the cover? 3.5 out of 10. let us know what you find.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It doesn't sound messed up at all, it just seems like its not getting a spark or even turning the crank over. It just sounds like the kill switch is on and the starter is going (I've checked the kill switch, it isnt on)

·
Registered
820 Posts
post a vid if your starter is just whining and your not hearing the engine crank then the starter is not engaged something broke or slipped outta place post a vid!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts