Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2006 CBR 600RR with 14,000 and a scorpion slip on. Tried to start it this weekend and it wouldn't turn over. Yes i have gas, the battery was good until i ran it dead trying to start it. Any words of wisdom?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
^^^word.
Also, you said it wont turn over.

Are you saying:
The engine isn't turning over at all.
The engine is turning over but wont start.

Any recent mods? Have you taken anything apart recently?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the engine will not turn over.
no recent mods had the slip-on for about 6-7 months.
just changed the oil last week.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no haven't checked the pulgs yet. was hoping it was a easy fix since it was the first time something went wrong since i have had the bike.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
no haven't checked the pulgs yet. was hoping it was a easy fix since it was the first time something went wrong since i have had the bike.

If the bike won't even TURN OVER...... Then you have:

1) Dead Battery
or
2) Loose connection to the battery
or
3) Blew a fuse

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
checking the plugs IS easy IMO.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
When you say turnover do you mean it cranks but doesn't start?

Hopefully by now, everyone knows Turn over means, EXACTLY that... the motor ...turns OVER.
ie Rotates, or spins :retard:

But, good to ask, just in case.

If it actually Turns over, and just doesn't START, then disregard what we posted above.

It would most likely be a fouled plug, bad gas....etc.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
the engine will not turn over.
no recent mods had the slip-on for about 6-7 months.
just changed the oil last week.
Is the killswitch in the off postition instead of run?
Is the bike in neutral?
Doesn't seem like this one should be a brain buster.

·
Registered
13 Posts
To the OP, I have a similar issue. What did you do to get it running? Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well in my case, it turned out to be a bad battery and a case of 4 months of sitting in the garage. I got the new battery, made sure it was fully charged, and then tried starting. It wanted to, but it wouldn't turn over. So I put in first and held in the clutch while pressing the start button and revving the throttle between half and full rapidly. After about 10 seconds, I had ignition. I held it at about 5000 RPMs for a couple of minutes before I slowly eased off and let it idle on it's own for about 10 mins. For the first minute or so, there was a ton of exhaust coming out.

I tried turning it off and restarting a few times, waiting a couple of minutes between restarts and it was firing up like the good ol' days. I immediately removed the battery and put it on the tender.

I normally wouldn't start it until I was ready to ride for the season, but I have a guy looking to buy it and I figure the sale will be easier if it actually runs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts