Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I stoped a stop sign and it just died twice so when I stoped to get gas it wont start back up spins over but wont start.....nothing on the front end works except the gauges the headlights blinkers nothing and just spins over anyone got an idea?

D

·
0 Posts
Headlight power runs through the start button/kill switch. Either check the kill switch, check that no fuses have blown, and that things are plugged in right.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Check the ground that goes to the front, if that has come loose or gone open circuit then you will lose the ground reference for the BAS and your bike wont start and all the stuff up front wont work.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
05....just got home and relized also that the fuel pump doesnt turn over when u turn the key.....come on people HELP HELP HELP.....bike night is tom :banghead: :cursin:

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Look for the big yellow clip with a bunch of green wires in it.. This is your main ground connection, with so many things out and your fuses fine this is probably your problem.. On the 03-04 it's on the right side behind the mid fairing.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Look for the big yellow clip with a bunch of green wires in it.. This is your main ground connection, with so many things out and your fuses fine this is probably your problem.. On the 03-04 it's on the right side behind the mid fairing.
:+1:

It may be tapped to the harness on the left hand side near your seat... pull the tape off and you will find a yellow connector with a plug in it shorting all the cables together, give it all a good clean and see how you go.

And 03-04 the ground connection for the front end is next to the fuse box (left hand side under the mid fairing)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I found the yellow connector and all of them ohmed out with the bunch of grounds by the fuse box but I can't figure out how to get the connector apart to clean it and c if it maybe messed up......but I no the tan wire with the red strip on it off the fuel pump is the ground bc want ohm and the other has 12V :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

ok so that black wire grounds out on the bottom of the tank and red 1 is the hot 12V now the yellow i take it is the ground bc no power and wont ohm out to ground......i took the yellow connector apart and it look brand new but i cleaned it anyways still NOTHING damnit :banghead:

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Yellow wire is the fuel sensor, it runs up to your gauges. You need to be checking the resistance of the BAS to ground, its up in the front fairing between the headlights, if there is no ground on that then your fuel pump wont run... and if you have lost the ground to the front of the bike you wont have headlights or gauges either.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts