Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2009 CBR600RR
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i have a 2009 that im installing woodcraft clipons for next season. my problem is that the OEM clutch/throttle cable guide/bracket is kind of in the way of the new clipons and only has the one mounting point now. it is not very rigid anymore and already bending and moving too much, i cant imagine it would last long on the track with actual use. what does everyone else do? do you guys just use the lower mounting hole and bend this one in such a way it works proplerly or is there any aftermarket options to use? or should i just make something? i dont really have an issue making something else, i just dont want to be "re-inventing the wheel " for no reason.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Car Rim

Automotive fuel system Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Auto part Rim

· Registered
5,846 Posts
Derp.....
I took the bracket off, and have run it w/o bracket for 40K miles....it runs fair and without interference.

I left the small cone shaped cable housing anchor on the cable housing in place.

I have WC clips positioned with grips/levers spaced long (out) and rotated forward, clutch cable runs w/o snags.... would try to find a custom cable 1" longer overall ... if you use a long banjo bolt for 2 front brake lines may find some (small) interference with fairing at full right lock

HTH

· Registered
2009 CBR600RR
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Derp.....
I took the bracket off, and have run it w/o bracket for 40K miles....it runs fair and without interference.

I left the small cone shaped cable housing anchor on the cable housing in place.

I have WC clips positioned with grips/levers spaced long (out) and rotated forward, clutch cable runs w/o snags.... would try to find a custom cable 1" longer overall ... if you use a long banjo bolt for 2 front brake lines may find some (small) interference with fairing at full right lock

HTH
ahh, ok thanks for the reply

i just got a motion pro replacement cable, its much smoother of a pull but it seams more "flexible" than the OEM cable. i was just testing without any bracket and im not happy with how its flopping all over the place..i think im going to use the woodcraft universal reservoir mount bracket and make something work with that. i will post some pictures as i try to figure things out!

· Registered
2009 CBR600RR
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so here is what i have so far, the woodcraft universal reservoir mount bracket works pretty good with a 3/8 clamp, but the motion pro clutch cable i have is much more "floppy" than the OEM cable like i said before. i may need to add another mounting point to help guid the cable smoothly while turning or after the cable has sat in position to "train" maybe it will be ok..ill have to check in a week or so and see if its any better since initial install.
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Fuel tank
Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

1 - 8 of 8 Posts