Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a set of the woodcraft tire warmers. They have a "warm" and "hot" setting. Anyone have these? Do you ever use the "warm" setting? If so what is the proper way to use these for best results?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump (still looking for an answer)

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
From the wc website...

The dual temp switch lets you easily select the warm (130-140F) or hot (170-180F) setting.

Also depends on ambient temp at the track and tire manuf suggestions...

I would hit up hot before the first session. THen back at the pits warm for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
in the morning when you are in the pits put warmers on hot setting this will allow you to heat soak the entire carcass...then after your first session put warmers back on and set it on warm setting.....unless it is really cold out.....leaving them on hot all day will do damage to tires...:shakehand

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
lol didnt read flips post ...he pretty much got it....

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
lol...come out to some thetrackclub dates to buttonwillow i work for him im not saying im fast but i can teach you something...i was gonnna help sincalirider but on the last session with no gas i was lucky i even made it to the pits...lamo

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Hahaha.. funny you say that bro. John Pearson (fastrack) was showing (towing) me around fontana... when suddenly I was right up on his rear (im like damn, im starting to catch his RC8) then he pointed to his tank... hahaha.. i pushed him back with a waiving yellow the whole time.. lol...

Oh and i appreciate any help. I'll try to make it to bwillow this season. God knows i need all the help i can get.. lol.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
no problem and im gonna talk to mark(owner of the track club) about gettin a 600rr.net discount for you guys if not possible then use cyclegear56 when checking out ......

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are in :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts