Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my sliders recently but I am noticing that they don't stick out as far on the left side as they do on the right side. I put the longer bolt in the right side but it still looks weird to me. Does anyone know if this is how they're supposed to be?

Crankcase side:

Alternator side:

P.S. that scratch you see on the right side would not have been there if I had my frame sliders in time for the USGP. Don't EVER buy from www.revlimiterracing.com.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
I belive with the woodcraft that is normal cause of the shorter bolt

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
**EDIT** I think they are mine are inbetween the two..

They are the best "frame slider" now they don't save the fairings like some of the longer ones but fairings are alot cheaper then frames..

Heres a pic...

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm....alpine yours seem to be more evened out than mine. i went down on my right side and i think the fairing bracket holding up the mid is a little off, but i'm wondering if i should switch the sliders. i distinctly remember that the longer bolt is supposed to go on the right side....is that how you have it? or did woodcraft mean that it goes on the right side when you're looking at the bike, as opposed to when you're sitting on it?

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
id say contact the manufactuer and ask them maybe even send pics to them to see if its suppose to be like that

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
ms8367 said:
hmm....alpine yours seem to be more evened out than mine. i went down on my right side and i think the fairing bracket holding up the mid is a little off, but i'm wondering if i should switch the sliders. i distinctly remember that the longer bolt is supposed to go on the right side....is that how you have it? or did woodcraft mean that it goes on the right side when you're looking at the bike, as opposed to when you're sitting on it?
I have to take my bike apart and get it ready for storage since my track season is cut short, I might do that tomorrow morning If so Ill get back with you.

·
Registered
860 Posts
My instructions said to put the longer bolt on the right hand side, and mine looks like that also, but not quite as bad as yours. I have about a 1/4 inch difference.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it could be because i went down on the right side before and something's not lined up right with the fairings...that right mid doesn't exactly in place as it did before the crash. if it's not a big deal then i'm not going to treat it as one...just looked awkward at first.

silver05 said:
That scratch would not have been there if you didn't fall.
yup, very true of course but sometimes falling is not within the rider's control, as in the case with this scratch...i could care less about battle scars but this one was especially a pisser-offer b/c it didn't need to be there provided that the above mentioned retailer came through with an order i placed 2 months before that accident occurred.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Here is a picture of mine. I just got them and am not sure what side the shorter bolt goes on. One of the bolt holders is shorter and fatter as well. Does anyone know what side they go on?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Should say in the directions. Mine did.. can't remember which side it said was the shorter side though. (Mine are also OES sliders, but I would assume that it is the same.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts