Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Real "Rondo"
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys real quick I just need a response to a simple question....

I installed woodcraft sliders last year and I thought everything was fine until I had a friend come over the other day and point something out.

My sliders don't stick out evenly and on the left side (while riding) the slider barely sticks out.

Can someone please post a picture of the woodcraft sliders on the 06 RR.

When I installed them I had thought something wasn't right but I'm almost possitive that they are installed correctly...

Pics?

·
Registered
273 Posts
The standard sliders for the RR are shorter, they are intended to protect the frame and not so much the fairings. You can get the extended sliders that will stick out further. I found this out only after I bought mine too.

·
The Real "Rondo"
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The standard sliders for the RR are shorter, they are intended to protect the frame and not so much the fairings. You can get the extended sliders that will stick out further. I found this out only after I bought mine too.

Hmmm...My real question is that one side sticks out further than the other.

For instance one side only sticks out 1.5 inches and the other side is about 3 inches.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hmmm...My real question is that one side sticks out further than the other.

For instance one side only sticks out 1.5 inches and the other side is about 3 inches.
I actually never installed them so I'm not sure why one would stick out longer than the other. I intended to return what I got and get the longer ones.

·
Registered
444 Posts
One of the bases is longer the the other.... I forget which side the longer base goes on but you probably have them on the wrong side.... I have them on my 03 that's how I know this.... I'll look when I get home tonight and let you know.... I wanna say the longer one goes on the clutch side but I could be backwards

·
The Real "Rondo"
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as long as I understand you correctly....one side is supposed to stick out further?

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
yes, i have wood craft on my 05 as well. thought they would stick out far, but no . they are like that . kinda about 1/2 inch from the fairings and that its. and again slider are for frame , not FAIRINGS. if you want to protect your fairings. i would get a Street cage Or a FULL stunt cage. this winter i might be getting a street cage for my bike . since i do so much tour it would come in handy for straping stuff, relaxing my stretch leg..such such

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Playboy build Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/idontwannastop/sets/72157622281522521/

Search under my created posts on my build-up thread/Motofansclub review of these fairings.
I have finally collected the final pieces of the OEM fairings needed and just need to get them repaired and painted and they go back on this bike. The plastics are pealing and flaking and cracking, so it'll prolly see track duty soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts