Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry, but i am excited....2-23-09 at 12am registration opened for the MSF course at the community college down the street from my house. my girlfriend an i both registered and we both got into course on the date we wanted.

the month's of april and may sold out in about 2 minutes, our dates are may 22nd-24th...i am excited because ive been wanting to take this course for a long time, and now i am extra excited because my girlfriend is taking the class to get her M liscense, and to learn how to ride for the first time...she plans to buy a bike after the class. (im trying to talk her into a newer sporty looking 250cc, or an older vintage 350-400 honda)

we will see what happens. im pretty confident we will both do fine in the beginner rider course, i have a few years of riding experience, and she can drive a manual car, has common sense, and catches onto things pretty quickly.

anyone else taking the MSF course in 2009?

·
Registered
411 Posts
just passed it weekend before last. def good option to take it. i had been riding with my permit for about 10months before i took the class and it was like riding around on a little toy! but it was good practice which is what its for.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I registered for April 3 4 5 can't wait. My permit expires May 09 I been riding for almost 2 yrs with it.. It's rain or shine hope the weather holds up.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I took it with a friend back in August - definitly a learning experience. I would advise against taking the afternoon course during the summer, we cooked ><

Have fun, if you've ridden before you shouldn't have any trouble. Funny how there's such a huge waiting list for the classes these days, had to schedule mine 3 months in advance.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It will be a great course for your girlfriend to take! will build her confidence and hopefully keep her and yourself from getting hurt out on the mean streets! good place to meet some new people to ride with as well! Good Luck!

·
Registered
117 Posts
MSF is good for me and good for you

MSF course has a lot to offer. Granted its only the basics, where if we've been all riding before we take the course we already have a jumpstart on things. I took my course after riding for a couple of months, and still learned a lot from it. I took the course in september and it was perfect weather. And on top of that the networking you do in class is great, unfortunately my class was filled with a lot of older aged people with their massive touring bikes. Lets just say they envyed me with my 600 :0) But it still was a load of fun.
:icon_stud

·
Registered
149 Posts
They also offer an advanced course. At least in ND they do. Been riding 10+ years but I think that I am going to take it. You can never have enough knoledge. Plus i know most of the ppl that are incharge of these things. Check out the NDMSP page. http://www.ndmsp.com/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts