Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im looking to make a rear seat cowl for the bizike, and i figure, rather than spending 150 bucks for one, i can make one. start out with the stock seat pan, and make a fiberglass mold around it. my question is, how hard is it working with fiberglass? any tips and suggestions?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I've worked with fiberglass for repairing fairings, and found it easier than I originally expected. Having said that....considering the amount of time it will take to form the mold, put down multiple layers of fiberglass/resin, sand it down, prep it, and paint it....I dunno, my time is worth more than $150.

Heck, I have an OEM cowl that is slightly rashed on one corner, but can easily be sanded, filled, and re-painted to whatever color your bike is. I'll sell it to you for $75.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quasi888 said:
I've worked with fiberglass for repairing fairings, and found it easier than I originally expected. Having said that....considering the amount of time it will take to form the mold, put down multiple layers of fiberglass/resin, sand it down, prep it, and paint it....I dunno, my time is worth more than $150.

Heck, I have an OEM cowl that is slightly rashed on one corner, but can easily be sanded, filled, and re-painted to whatever color your bike is. I'll sell it to you for $75.

hmmmmmmmmm

if you wouldnt mind holding on to it for me until thursday, thats payday and would be appreciated. any pics available?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts