Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON THE WORST STATES TO RIDE IN?? IN MY TRAVELS, I FIND THAT NEW JERSEY DRIVERS RANK AS NUMBER 1 ON MY UNSKILLED , DISRESPECTFUL DRIVERS LIST, FOLLOWED CLOSLY BY SOUTH FLORIDA AREA. I LIVE IN SOUTH FLORIDA AND WE GET ALOT OF OUT OF STATE DRIVERS, BY FAR THE WORST DRIVERS AWARD HAS TO GO TO ANY CAR WITH ONTARIO (CANADA) PLATES!! STAY AS FAR BEHIND/AHEAD OF THESE DEATH MACHINES AS POSSIBLE.....

C

·
0 Posts
Hmmm. I live in NJ so am used to the driving. I wonder if everyone thinks we are the worst drivers? :headscratch:

·
Registered
937 Posts
NJ here as well. I think NJ drivers are ok. NY drivers however, are very disliked in NJ.

NYC drivers SUCK--- eternally agressive.

NYC i've seen to the worst place to drive. Batteling cabs, trucks, buses, pot holes, and women that do not know how with drive they new SUVs.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I would like to add DC to the list.... cagers in DC are freaking nuts :evil: I think DC is the 3rd worst city for traffic too.

·
Registered
383 Posts
No way is Ontario, Ca drivers worse then ATL, GA drivers.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If I were to talk about roads, I would have to say MA is pretty bad. I think the roads were designed for horse and buggy type speads. There is no such thing as a merge lane and the on ramps are not an equal radius all the way arond. basically you do your best to get up to the 80+MPH highway speed and then the last part of the turn of the on ramp gets tighter and you have to scrub much of your speed. Also they have these ******** rotaries here which I have never seen until I moved to MA. It chaos in a circle. Whose idea was this.

I've lived in PA, MI, and MA. I think this state is the worst of those three. I've lived close enough to NJ to experience those roads as well. I think there is a concrete barrier on every street on that state and you can't turn left unless you go around a jug handle...pain in the ass.

·
Registered
885 Posts
NoMoJo said:
I live in NJ also i dont think we are the worst much more aggresive than most and most of us have short tempers especially when it comes to driving and out of state drivers but hey maybe i am just imune to it because i have lived here all my life
+1

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hawaii, Hawaii, Hawaii. Out here if you are on a bike you are a moving target. You definatly have to have your head on a swivel. :twisted:

·
Registered
937 Posts
hawaii600rr said:
Hawaii, Hawaii, Hawaii. Out here if you are on a bike you are a moving target. You definatly have to have your head on a swivel. :twisted:
Go figure... I would never have thought. Such a small island. I would thinks after a while, you start to get to know all the people from seeing their faces so much :wink:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
+1 for Atlanta. But for nothing else but sitting in damn rush hour traffic for hrs on end. I swear anytime I drive my bike home from ATL in the afternoon and get home 4 hrs later my fiance thinks I've been swimming.....what I'd give to be able to lane split like in CA. :pray:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just moved down to S. Florida from NY and I have to agree that it's the worst down here. So many old people and unlicensed UNINSURED immigrants on the streets down here!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just got back from Europe a couple weeks ago, and I gotta tell ya, I've driven all over this country, and nothing, I mean nothing compares to the driving in Paris. I would not drive there if you paid me. We were taking taxi's and buses, and I was scared for my life for most of the rides. I gotta say, the motorcycle and scooter riders over there got mad skillz though. All the cars just operate as if they're not there at all, and they just shoot through all the open holes they can find. And it's apparently legal for them to do this as I saw several cops on bikes and scooters doing the same and not pulling any one for this. I thought sure I was gonna see a biker get creamed while we were there, but they're good!

J

1 - 20 of 38 Posts