Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has modded their bike and regretted it. I fitted a slip on yoshi rs3 onto my 01 f4i, and it gave me a great sound, and a great big flat spot down low... i bought a powercommander with the factory map for a stock filter and rs3 pipe, and it cured the flat spot, it also gave a crisper throttle, but it was alot of money in hindsight, and i'm not sure i'm convinced the mod was now worth it. The only aftermarket part on my 06 rr is a sticker, so... bang for buck. is there anything you've done to your 600rr that (in hindsight) would have preferred spending your money on something else?

· Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,920 Posts
i regretted not having to buy & install frame sliders in the first place, it would have saved me lots of money in repair bills.

now i really think a lot before buying anything for my bike, i want my investment to last as long as i own it & to give a small boost in performance for the money spent, never expect big gains in power even with top dollar exhaust & fuel management systems unless you have a worked motor between the frame spars.

slip-ons provide great sound & a slight hp increase even without a PC, sprockets also give more bang for the buck so you should do this mod if you're lacking funds for a slip-on & this was my first mod definitely money well spent.

SS braided brake lines increase power & feel on your brakes & good aftermarket tires like Michelin PP, Dunlop Q, Metzeler S-M3 & Pirelli Diablo Corsa enhance cornering grip & handling of your bike significantly, it's a plus when you ride the canyons.

the moral of the story is think it over & over again before you make the first purchase, always go for quality & not b'coz it's all you can afford you can always save up & buy it later or wait for a sale like some of these guys here did ($300 for a GPR Ti full system, crazy).

· Registered
494 Posts
thejoose said:
I was wondering if anyone has modded their bike and regretted it. I fitted a slip on yoshi rs3 onto my 01 f4i, and it gave me a great sound, and a great big flat spot down low... i bought a powercommander with the factory map for a stock filter and rs3 pipe, and it cured the flat spot, it also gave a crisper throttle, but it was alot of money in hindsight, and i'm not sure i'm convinced the mod was now worth it. The only aftermarket part on my 06 rr is a sticker, so... bang for buck. is there anything you've done to your 600rr that (in hindsight) would have preferred spending your money on something else?
In my humble old opinion, modding a bike is just like a lovely woman. Super sweet, and unpredictable. :icon_lol: Those two traits make both of themHIGHLY DESIRABLE!! :icon_lol:

You go with what looks and feels good to you.. again, like the lady.. However, it doesn't have to turn out real well. That's why couples split up and try something else.

I have been lucky with both, I have had a lot of experience with both too. My last 3 bikes have been super sweet. A Gixxer 1000, RC51, and now the CBR600rr. These bikes are super sweet right out of the box.

Now, for the right mods, as a rule you check what most of the jones are using on their bikes, and what they are saying about them, and you can get a good clue on what to expect.

Example, I was going for exhaust on my bike..After reading, for me, it came down to the Arata and the Hama. I picked the Arata, result, I am tickled pink..

Rear shock, either Ohlins or Penske, or I could get the stocker rebuilt. I went with the Penske..

Plastic for the track.. I read, and went with sharkskin..

So, just like the woman, moding a bike is NEVER going to be an exact science, we are all different. What feels and looks good to me, might not feel and look good to you, and we both be correct in our opinions..

So, good luck with modding your 600, and good luck with the ladies too.. :icon_lol:

BTW, you are going to spend money on both, no way around it!!:icon_lol:

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice... thanks cehoward600rr, that is probably the best thing i've read here... If i'm to mod my bike it'll be brakes, first lines... i like her just the way she is, but i'll never pull her up quick enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.